Fuel damper on early model help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel damper on early model help

Hey guy's, I'm trying to get my 24v swap up an running.

I want to tackle the the fuel system, as the car is all rotten up underneath. I have a 87' 325i sedan and been trying figure all these rotten parts under the driver side next to the rear wheel.

Here is the diagram of what I have.

on number 17 of the image is the fuel damper/absorber part number (16121178035).

I been looking and I cant find a fuel damper for the e36. They have fuel pressure regulators but in different locations like the 328i is by the driver rear wheel if am right and the m3 s50 and 325i m50 is by injectors.

I read that some fuel regulators have the tech ability to damper as well and most are not. Like the e30 87' 325i has the fuel regulator by the engine and a damper by the driver rear wheel.

???
    Do you guys know if the e36 fuel pressure regulator by the injectors acts also as a damper?? if so can I delete the stock e30 damper on number 17 of the diagram?? as their would be no use for it if it was. But I dont know, not a tech.. Just trying to buy new parts and see what I need and don't need.

Thank you for any help.

bump

Comment

it doesn't exist on newer cars because it's not needed. it caused more problems than it solved - usually resulting in a fuel leak.

just take it out and forget about it. no later E30 came with them anyway.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thank you very much Nando!!!

Comment

Working...
        X