Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another low profile S5x/M5x oil pan project! PICS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep up the good work! If you can develop something tht functions like VAC baffle, I would be very interested in this.

Comment

Hey guys....quick update. I have developed a baffle plate. It isn't as intense as some of the $200 baffle kits out there (VAC, etc) but it should function nicely to keep oil on the pick up at all times. Here is the plate:

The plate I have made is supposed to work in conjunction with the modified stock baffle I already use in the pans. Here is a test fit:

The baffle doesn't really change the install and fits nicely (at least on the engine stand). I really think this is the best we can do without getting very expensive on this project. The placement of the baffle should help keep oil in the sump during acceleration and during turns. I don't have this in my own pan but it can only help, especially those who auto-x, road race, etc.

Here's a shot of the final product:

It will be available with my original pan modification plus a little extra. Hit me up for more details!

Comment

Nice, keeping the stock baffle with this should only be beneficial. Looks good!

Comment

I've got one pan FS in the for sale forum, check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            group buy

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just curious, it may have been answered already, I only read the last couple of pages:

With the bottom of the pan moved up for clearance, and the volume maintained by widening it, what keeps the oil down there from sloshing way over to either side during hard cornering? If there's enough oil down there that the whole bottom section is always full, I guess this wouldn't matter.... I ask because I autox.

I currently run a vac baffle.
              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
              Shadetree30

Comment

Are you currently making/ selling these by chance? And if so how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X