Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My m50 is pinging. Running out of ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates?

Comment

Swapped ECUs today. Almost seems to be worse now. Still need to buy that resister. Ryan have you checked yours out yet? It's right under your fuel rail cover.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Negative. I will this weekend. So, the idea is that the resistor gets hot and drops injector voltage which reduces duration? Er what?

Comment

Not exactly sure. It goes on the ground that attaches by the vanos. I was told that someone had similar issues and fixed it by replacing that resister so I'm just following any leads I can get now.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

mines detonating again... FML

I cannot for the life of me distinguish the noise between pinging or vanos noise. Its extremely faint but its there especially under load at freeway speed like previously stated.

I have done

new plugs NGK
            new O2
            all New coil packs BAV auto
            fuel pump is new TRE 304
            always 91 fuel
            Last edited by Dj Buttchug; 06-27-2014, 11:18 PM.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
            Ig:ryno_pzk
            I like the tuna here.
            Originally posted by lambo
            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

i would put knock sensor on if you havent yet.
              Looking for late model fogs, E39 Fog lights, cool cheap 17 5x120 wheels.

Comment

Mmkay. We are either lean on fuel, or spark is too far advanced for the effective CR. Has anyone verified damper/CPS tone ring position at TDC1?

Comment

Just checked the E34 and it also has a damaged resister.

Comment

vanos. mine pinged like hell on accelleration, resealed vanos and its all gone.

318is, m50tu g240 s3.46

Comment

Originally posted by pmat View Post
                      vanos. mine pinged like hell on accelleration, resealed vanos and its all gone.
                      I bought all the parts to do it so hopefully that will fix it.

Comment

An AFR gauge install would nice and always beneficial

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

My podi is setup for it but I haven't bought the wideband yet because I can't get any of the rest of the gauge working.

Comment

Why would faulty VANOS cause this?

Comment

Any updates?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Ordered the last two resisters in the country right now. Sorry guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X