Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

s52 swap AC - R12 or R134 ??? what is required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What lines do you use to have an E36 M52/S52 a/c compressor in an e30?

Comment

you go custom. Either splice e36 lines to e30 lines or buy the pre made lines from zionsville
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

Sounds like you've got it figured out out, you just need to change the seals to ones that are compatible with R134a.

Comment

If you're in SoCal and speak Spanish or have Mexican friends you can go down to TJ and get your R12 filled hella cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by M3PO View Post
            Sounds like you've got it figured out out, you just need to change the seals to ones that are compatible with R134a.
            Yes, it really isn't/wasn't that difficult. I was just not sure what stuff I can reuse or have to replace... looks like I basically replace it all minus e36 compressor

lol oh well. I'll wait until it gets hot
            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
            Shadetree30

Comment

This might be a little off topic, but when I am coming to a stop with my AC on, my car stalls. How do you hook up the AC so that the car bumps up the idle?
              I have a line running from the x20 (pin 4 I believe), and it runs to the one wire on the AC.
              PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

Read here for ac idle bump http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=249136

Comment

If you want 12, just get certified. Its literally an open book test and a $15 fee. At that point, you can buy all the 12 (and 134a sold in large quantities) that you want.

However, just use 134 like everyone else has said. I converted mine, and it is extremely cold.
                  IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X