Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me make my clutch feel better. s52 ZF tranny

Hi Guys,

Why is it that my clutch releases so close to the floor in my swapped car?

Im running an s52 and tranny from a 97 M3.

I have a new clutch slave, and a braided clutch hose.

I actually had to remove any sort of clutch stop, as it wasn't allowing me to fully engage the clutch.

The engine and tranny shifted fine while it was in the M3. I even kept them assembled when i installed it in my e30.

I have pressure bleed the clutch many many times. I even removed the slave from the tranny, turned it so the bleeder was up top, and opened it up (with the pushrod fully depressed)

Its killing me that I can't get a good clutch feel.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Jay

What slave did you use?

Comment

97 M3 slave. Im still using the e30 master though.

Comment

Depending on the age of your car, you might want to try and replace the clutch master cylinder. I had a similar issue on my car...engagement felt off and low. I replaced the slave and the issue continued. Ended up replacing the master and that is better than pulling the tranny and voila, that fixed it. Those hydraulic cylinders can get tired when they are 20+ years old even if they arent leaking!

Comment

If the car sat for months while you did the swap, the master may have perished in that amount of time.

Comment

I bought an E36 from a guy who thought the clutch was burnt out... ended up being the clutch master... I replaced it just for confirmation and drove around quite a bit prior to dismantling the car... The faulty clutch master showed no signs of leakage if that helps. I also disconnected it from the pedals to push on the rod itself and it did not feel like it was pushing any fluid to the clutch slave at all.
            1990 325i - Current Project
            2007 Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Comment

It's probably your clutch master cylinder.

Comment

Thanks guys. i'll try ordering up a new clutch master.

Jay

Comment

UPDATE:

Put in a new clutch master...and a early e36 325i slave. Problem solved! Clutch is a bit harder to press in than the m3, BUT it releases up where it should.

Im happy.

Now to figure out other issues with my car running way rich.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                  X