okay last time i'll ask......I promise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay last time i'll ask......I promise.

yes i know i've asked before but i need a lil bit more deail. yes the getrag 240 from a 318iS will bolt-up to the m50 but what driveshaft+linkage is used? 325 linkage?? eurodepot says that the e36 driveshaft will work only when the e30 center bearing is used.

heres a diagram of the e36 driveshaft.

what number(s) are the center bearing?? and what numbers need to be switched over the the e30 center bearing??

i just wanna figure this out as i am in the early stages of gathering parts for my swap.

Devon
    Attached Files

center bearing or also referred to as center support is part #12

Comment

ahhh i see...thanks 1990m3...now some1 answer my Q about the shift linkage:)

Comment

What is with everyone with my name/username lately, I have so many clones.

A local guy with a 240 on his M50 told me he shortened his driveshaft 2 inches, and all of his linkage is also shortened, I would assume 2 inches aswell. If you are already into your swap I understand, but from what it sounds like the 260 would be easier to use... since all you need is a 5spd 325/e/i driveshaft.

1990m3 is right. The center bearing/center support bearing is 12, which would need to be substituted from an E30. Which makes sense because the E36 bearing is bigger and the driveshaft wouldn't be level if you used an E36 one.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30

i think im the worst one. though i had no idea till i saw one of your posts a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30

A local guy with a 240 on his M50 told me he shortened his driveshaft 2 inches, and all of his linkage is also shortened, I would assume 2 inches aswell. If you are already into your swap I understand, but from what it sounds like the 260 would be easier to use... since all you need is a 5spd 325/e/i driveshaft.

1990m3 is right. The center bearing/center support bearing is 12, which would need to be substituted from an E30. Which makes sense because the E36 bearing is bigger and the driveshaft wouldn't be level if you used an E36 one.
            hmm yea that shorting driveshaft/linkage sounds like a true PITA.....meh i'll find a 260 kicking around np and it does make it easier to sell my m42 thanks for clearing that up

Comment

No problem, yeah it sounds like extra work I don't think I'd want to do.

e30devo you even have/had an 87 325is don't you?
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

ive got an 88 325is. and a wrecked 87is that just sits in the driveway.

Comment

Working...
                X