Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLVED!! I'm RICH baby! (OBDII s52 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
    Stock s52 injectors refurb'd by MEHPEH here on r3v. Stock Bosch FPR on the fuel rail (which i replaced during the swap). Vac line is connected - the pressure readings I pulled were in my first post.

I've parked the car for the next few days since it looks like the weather's gonna be crappy. I disconnected the battery so hopefully that will clear out the ECU from the "madness" it's been dealing with. Also going to replace the fuel filter since it's been about 30k miles. Hoping to take it for a spin over the weekend - will report back with what i find.
    Never personally had luck with rebuilt injectors.
    Ecu will not "clear" anything. I have obd2+ ecus that have been sitting in a drawer for months that still have fuel trim and knock correction data saved on them from whatever car they were last in

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Good to know on the the ECU "reset". Looks like OEM injectors are about $140ea. Not ready to throw money at new ones just yet. I do want to drive the car some more to see what all it's doing. Feels good that I've made some progress finally - I appreciate your help!
      -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
      '95 525iT
      '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
      '98 Disco 1

Comment

Well since i made the "switch" last week, gas mileage has certainly gotten better! Got 300 miles out of the last tank.

Tried this new scan app w/ the laptop i bought - still looks like some funny business going on with bank 2. I'm also getting a P0154 (No Response B2S1) and P1189 (Fuel Control B2S1) code which would seem to be pointing to an issue with the bank 2 O2 sensor. I may just replace both of them at this point to eliminate any variables. I don't know if it's possible to short out a sensor, but with the charging issues i was having and the fact that the DME was dumping fuel due to the crossed sensors - maybe one of the sensors got fouled/shorted?

Last edited by BlackSpeed66; 06-22-2016, 05:14 PM.
        -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
        '95 525iT
        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
        '98 Disco 1

Comment

did you reset adaptations after you swapped the connectors back? Not sure if it'll make a difference after this long though.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Well I've finally been driving around for a month now with no CEL and wanted to update this. Turns out, it was the MAF.

While I was up in arms over the supposed O2 sensor issue, I had decided to take a stab an a new aftermarket MAF on eBay for $50. Yeah it was sort of a stupid idea, and it seemed to make the engine feel smoother. Lets be honest, $400 for an OEM MAF is a bit tough to stomach. Other than the silly codes, the car seemed to run fine, so I was just dealing w/ the intermittent CEL.

I did send the injectors out to Cruzin Performance for a test and clean to make sure there was no issue there. They came out fine so back in they went. Still an intermittent CEL though. Rich at Cruzin Performance is a great guy - i learned more about fuel injectors in the 20 minute phone conversation than I'll ever need!

I still noted that the LTFT was in the negatives (about -8.X%) but not as bad as before. While talking with a coworker one day he asked if I had the original MAF that came w/ the engine and suggested trying it again. I tossed it back in and went for an hour plus drive. Immediately noticed the LTFT was doing something different. Good different. I was actually seeing slightly positive fuel trims for once so after some research on line (other e36/e46 forums), it seems that some of these aftermarket MAFs can actually 'under report' the air that is being taken in giving a false rich condition. Been driving the car as-is for the last month and its doing great!
            -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
            '95 525iT
            '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
            '98 Disco 1

Comment

Working...
            X