No announcement yet.

Flywheel kit for stock s52/zf swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume they're shipped from Aus, but I don't know what method they use for shipping.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

RHD 240mm Flywheel + ###pressure plate

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
      That one looks quite good. No anything fancy aluminium bullshit that some manufacturers sell. I can get same kind of flywheel from Finland also, but it's lot heavier. And with sre-pressure assembly it's almost as heavy as the original dualmass. So that RHD one would be much better.

EDIT do you know are those shipped from AU? Just wondering if I have to pay Import tax in Finland.
      Old thread but this will help my decision since I need to upgrade from periodically slipping clutch with HX35 and 10psi.

I saw your Youtube video where you had to modify your clutch fork due to 1cm difference. Is this due to the RHD flywheel you selected, 765 pressure plate, or wrong TOB?

My setup will be M52 iron bottom end with M50nv head, ZF310 5-speed transmission, goal of 450wtq. Do you recommend other clutch/flywheel setup that doesn't require odd TOB or modifying fork?
      '90 325is Schwarz
      5 lug'd 24V Turbo on VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by marek|steezkal View Post
        Old thread but this will help my decision since I need to upgrade from periodically slipping clutch with HX35 and 10psi.

I saw your Youtube video where you had to modify your clutch fork due to 1cm difference. Is this due to the RHD flywheel you selected, 765 pressure plate, or wrong TOB?

My setup will be M52 iron bottom end with M50nv head, ZF310 5-speed transmission, goal of 450wtq. Do you recommend other clutch/flywheel setup that doesn't require odd TOB or modifying fork?
        Yes that's because the RHD flywheel is too thin to be used with m50 TOB. But now there is thick e21 323i TOB and it works without modification, when e36 328 slave cylinder is used.

I can highly recommend that rhd flywheel and sre -765 pressure assembly with e36 328i clutch disk. That combo is light enough to be very rev happy, the cluch feels like stock clutch and can be used like stock clutch. And holds up to 900Nm of torque. Only down side being that clutch pedal is quite stiff. But you get used to that.

You probably have watched our other videos also, but for others here is how quicly it revs up: https://youtu.be/UsfIOF-pGZs

From 19:50 onwards.

Comment

Working...
        X