Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swapped car came without o2 sensors...installed new one and now runs worse. HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapped car came without o2 sensors...installed new one and now runs worse. HELP

So I bought an m50 swapped e30 a year ago and i've been fixing it up. It came with some quality parts, but it was not well sorted. It was plagued with lots of little issues i've been taking care of.

The one battle i need help with is the 02 sensor situation. I tried to pass emissions the other week and the readings were all incredibly high. I knew the car always ran very rich since i was getting about 12- 14mpg. I was just going to do some basic maintenance and service like plugs and clean the maf as well as replace the o2 sensor. I order an OEM bosche sensor and get under the car to discover the o2 port on the header was plugged and there was no sensor at all. I thought it would be an easy fix. Took out the plug and installed the sensor and found the connector pigtail by the trans.

Took the car out for a drive and it drove HORRIBLY. I disconnected the negative from the battery terminal in case the ECU needed to relearn and still the same thing. It bogs heavily 3500 rpm in 3rd gear. I can rev it out in 1st and 2nd. Maybe its another issue?

I haven't disconnected the o2 sensor yet to see if the problem goes away. Anyone have any suggestions? Fuel pump and Fuel filter are next on my list. I ran the car out of gas and perhaps i sucked some dirt and 20 year old rust up?

Is this OBD1 or OBD2? does it have a chip?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

obd1 and not sure if it has a chip.

i nearly stumbled to a stop today and i pullover and yanked the plastic cover to the ECU and it was VERY warm. Not so hot i couldn't keep my hand on it.

Comment

Working...
      X