No announcement yet.

is a m50 swap worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want S50 - S52 power just stroke a M50 to 2.9L with a S50 cam and crank. There is a a guy on Bf.c who has a dyno of his 2.9l M50 putting down 211rwhp before adding a S50 cam and 245rwhp after.

If you can get the engine for $200. Rebuilt it as a 2.9L stroker before you drop it in. Makes sense since a US S52 is basically a M52B32 and it will cost alot less than buying a S50 enigine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid View Post
      If you want S50 - S52 power just stroke a M50 to 2.9L with a S50 cam and crank. There is a a guy on Bf.c who has a dyno of his 2.9l M50 putting down 211rwhp before adding a S50 cam and 245rwhp after.

If you can get the engine for $200. Rebuilt it as a 2.9L stroker before you drop it in. Makes sense since a US S52 is basically a M52B32 and it will cost alot less than buying a S50 enigine.
      Link?

Know what he is running for software?

Comment

AA and TMS have software for a lot of offbeat engine combos.

Comment

Originally posted by cahomey View Post
          motor, harness, dme
          so does the motor harness disconnect or am i going to have to cut it? where is the dme located?

im going to take a better look at it and decide from there if i want it. it may sit for awhile till i figure out what all parts i need. i dont want to be without a car for to long.

but im deffinatly thinking about doing this.

anything else i should get from this e36 at the yard??? (headers, exhaust, blah blah blah)
          NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

dme is behind a plastic panel on the upper passenger side of the firewall on the e36. engine harness just unplugs like the e30.

Comment

Originally posted by KangamangusDriver View Post
              Link?

Know what he is running for software?
              Link http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=188833

He's using AA software. The poster, Prestige329i, works for AA. The engine had a bump to a 11.5 CR with custom pistons. Most people dyno 210 whp with a 2.9L stroker. Where he got the additional 35 WHP is beyond me. He says he has custom cams, larger injectors, and a larger HFM (probably a 540/Euro).

You can get around 240 whp with Schricks, Euro HFM, 24# inj on an S50, and probaby 5-7 more whp with a 3.2L. With some headwork, I'd assume you can get a little more power; I believe bmw332i has some obscene amount of power out of his S52, but he has a lot of headwork and his custom exhaust is out of control.

Originally posted by whysimon
              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Prestige doesn't work for AA anymore, I don't think.

That car is badass, but a whole engine rebuild for 250hp seems ehh. I'd much rather turbo a 2.5 for 350hp, or just swap in an M3 motor.

Comment

I've ridden in Prestige's car, it's a beast for a m50. It still was still slower than my nearly stock 99 M3 at the time. He works for Toyota now, BTW.
                  Last edited by ///Mpressive; 09-08-2006, 04:21 PM.

08 Toyota FJ Cruiser, Rock Sliders, Mostly Stock for now, parts on the way....
                  97 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ-80, Front Bambi Basher w/ 2x100w PIAA's, mostly stock

Comment

so what exactly do i need, we pulled the motor out (what a bitch) and i was wondering is i need everything.... AC Compressor, Alternator, Starter, Manifold, ect...... now i grabbed the DME and there was another computer box on the top of it, do i need that too? i have the whole engione harness. im going back tomorrow to finish and take what i need and the guy is probably going to charge me for every nook and cranny, so if i dont need stuff it will save me money

thanks

Comment

Haha today was awsome. Thanks for the food meng!

Here's some pics:
                      Attached Files
                      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Electric saw, Forklift and pipe bender FTW! :D
                        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

hells yeah. it took us 3 2 1/2 hours. the frame was totally wrapped around the compressor (not hitting the engine though)

then we had to cover it for the night... :D

Comment

Funny fact: we found a thong and nail polish in the car. An hour later someone came by and recognized the car..... said it belonged to a cop.... a male cop. -.-

Feedback Thread

Comment

Good times, good times.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                                Funny fact: we found a thong and nail polish in the car. An hour later someone came by and recognized the car..... said it belonged to a cop.... a male cop. -.-
                                Lol
                                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                                X