No announcement yet.

M50 swap that will blow your mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to pm you but I’m getting an error! How much for a pun made and shipped to 17345 can you pm me please?

Comment

It seems like the OP has moved on from making clevis pins. I haven't tried to do this but it seems like if you are able to install the new booster--from the photos it would only need to be a couple mm longer as per the early photos on this thread and talking with a machinist you could find a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post

I ordered a 2002 reservior and it's on the way.
        Can you post a link to the 2002 reservoir you used?
        I am in the process of starting my 24v swap and this setup sounds ideal for what I want to do,

1988 321 - Currently in pieces
        2008 335xi - lightly modded…….
        2003 Element - My everyday beater :)

NYC ALIVE

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Nycalive View Post

I am in the process of starting my 24v swap and this setup sounds ideal for what I want to do,
          It's just the normal 2002 reservior people have been using in this thread.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Nycalive View Post

BMW brake fluid reservoir (or ATE brand) 34321112399
            I got mine new from ebay for $23 a year ago.
            reservoir installed
            Click image for larger version  Name:	1215191422a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.1 KB ID:	9920926
            brake master cylinder1
            Last edited by Zesty Bonanza; 04-27-2020, 02:17 AM.

Comment

is the e90 and x3 booster the same diameter? is the 944 wider?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                is the e90 and x3 booster the same diameter? is the 944 wider?
                The E90 and X3 booster are pretty close in size.

The E90 booster is the same size pretty much throughout. THe X3 is wider then the E90 closer to the firewall, but is smaller farther away.

That being said they both come out pretty far. The 944 booster was close to the X3 booster close to the firewall, but its not double stacked so it much shorter. Measurements below, I never measured the 944 but thats the one I used for my S54.

E90 booster on left

X3 Booster

E90 Booster

More pics

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty Bonanza View Post
                  BMW brake fluid reservoir (or ATE brand) 34321112399
                  I got mine new from ebay for $23 a year ago.
                  reservoir installed
                  brake master cylinder1

brake master cylinder2
                  This reservoir will come in SUPER handy for another project I have... I'm building a pressure intensifier to run a 7.25" clutch with full pedal travel... so I need two clutch fluid reservoir connections.

Comment

This is what I’m using for my setup, these adapters seemed a little difficult to hunt down. Or I was looking in the wrong place. Anywhooo e90 euro booster, and adapters should make this a bolt in affair.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I used a brake booster from 2016 428i brake booster (G508673 vin). Works great - only needs a very light tap on the brake pedal. It bolted right up. However two mods were required. The rod to connect the booster to the brake pedal was a little short and like the e90 booster, the brake master brake line connections were on the engine side. I bought from Amazon 3/16 copper nickel brake line kit with fittings and made two short “U” line with bubble flair 10 mm fitting on one side and I believe it was a 12 mm fitting to go into the master. Bought two 10 mm bubble flairs unions to connect the new U lines to the e30 brake lines. Rather than welding the old clevis, I used the old e30 clevis inside the forks of 428i booster’s clevis. I drilled a hole in the e30 clevis at the appropriate spot to lengthen it and used the original e30 clevis hole for the brake pedal connection. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Aloha Norm

Comment

I am using an e90 booster with a m52b28 swapped engine...and it does not fit (intake manifold sits on booster) even when the fins are shaved. It might be due to the engine mounts (revshift 24v swap mounts). I am thinking of trying to heat and bend the manifold on its corner. Anyone knows if this can be heated and bent?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200625_151431_compress80.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	9934707
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yasnick.ramputty View Post
                          I am using an e90 booster with a m52b28 swapped engine...and it does not fit (intake manifold sits on booster) even when the fins are shaved. It might be due to the engine mounts (revshift 24v swap mounts). I am thinking of trying to heat and bend the manifold on its corner. Anyone knows if this can be heated and bent?
                          Would it be possible to shim the engine mount and move the engine up and away from the booster?

Comment

i don't think you are going to have much luck heating and bending that manifold, I would also go with the shim route

Comment

Shimming driver’s side mount would be simpler. Have not confirmed, am told the engine torque is towards the passenger side so we do not have to worry that the motor when rev will hit the booster. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Aloha Norm

Comment

Any one making these clevis pins for e90 booster in e30? I'm currently doing this but stuck on the pin.

Comment

Working...
                                X