Has anybody successfully run DSS axles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody successfully run DSS axles?

Has anybody had luck directly bolting in Drive Shaft Shop upgraded high horsepower axles? Went to instal on my 90 Sedan and had direct conflict with the rear trailing arm and parking brake cable.

DSS says that I have an “oddball” year with smaller hubs. I have been unable to identify any difference beyond Non-ABS vs ABS and obviously drum brake cars. Attached are some photos of clearance conflict.

I reached out to Garagistic with measurements of the CV (~105mm diameter) and they confirmed that even on their rear trailing arm set ups which seemingly run the “larger”(?) hub size would have clearance issue as well.

Running out of ideas aside from eliminating parking brake and clearencing knuckle which I’m not too hot on.

Anybody successfully bolted in these axles? Info on your car?

Halp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afaik all trailing arms are the same except ix and maybe drum brakes

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Bent the handbrake cable and grind the trailing arm little bit and you will be fine :D

Comment

still.
        They say it's a direct bolt on when it's not. That's fked up.

if u guys didn't know these are $1,784.98

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
          afaik all trailing arms are the same except ix and maybe drum brakes
          Nope, '83-'85 got small-bearing trailing arms - http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...&q=33321126333
          cars beep boop

Comment

they are the same bearing as e36 318ti.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Looks fine to me, just remove a couple mm from the knuckle and tie the cable out of the way.

Comment

These guys had the same problems with sort of a copy of the ones ur using.

looks like you have to remove the cable or it will rip the boot.

Comment

Working...
                X