OBDII FPR Clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBDII FPR Clarification

Last step of my M52 swap, which is also something I have completely forgot about until I had already pulled the engine so I need a solution relatively quickly.

I pulled the M52 out of a Z3 which is now long gone. There aren't any E39s around me that I can pull the rail located FPR from, but there are plenty of E36's.

What setup should I run and how exactly can I do it? I hear there's an electrical connection in some places but I do not need any provisions for that in my harness.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

From my research the rail from 328i early obd2 m52 fits and is the same as the e39 one. M50 won’t and neither will s50 one. The s52 rail doesn’t work either u can always get an aftermarket fpr

Comment

Originally posted by johnwoo View Post
      From my research the rail from 328i early obd2 m52 fits and is the same as the e39 one. M50 won’t and neither will s50 one. The s52 rail doesn’t work either u can always get an aftermarket fpr

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=266453
      Do you know at what point they switched to the FPR located near the filter?
      I can't find any evidence through realOEM but I'll probably search the junkyards anyways.
      91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

Comment

Originally posted by fastestbox View Post
        Do you know at what point they switched to the FPR located near the filter?
        I can't find any evidence through realOEM but I'll probably search the junkyards anyways.
        I haven’t found any evidence of when but I would try 1995-1996 for the e36 not real sure fcpeuro has the 1996 listed as the e36 with the fuel rails with the fpr. I got lucky and snagged a e39 1997 rail with the fpr on eBay

Comment

Hey. My m52tu came out of a 1999 z3. I needed to get the 3/2 running losses valve. Some late e36’s and very early e46’s will have it. To find it you’ll have to go on the driver side of the engine bay, big surprise right, and it’s a plastic looking thing with a fpr sitting in it. Donno if that’s the one you need. But it turns it into a dead head system 20 sec after start up. Good luck bud.

Cheers,
          Frank
          Cheers!

~Frank

sigpic

Comment

If you have a single fuel-line rail, you need to use a passive return type filter that has 3 ports on it (basically the filter is the regulator with a single pressure output), or you can use the stock e30 fuel system and use an obd1 24v fuel rail with the regulator and return line on the rail itself. Makes bolting up the fuel rail beauty cover a not-so-bolt-on job but gets it done.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I have a spare OBD1 e36 fuel rail which has the FPR mounted on the rail, at the front of the rail. I also have the 2 small hadlines which mount under the intake manifold and direct the fuel lines into a pair that then run down towards the oem e30 fuel hardlines.

I used it for a few years on my s52 e30 until I snagged the e39 rail with the FPR mounted on the rear.

PM me if you want it
              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
              Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
              X