No announcement yet.

Euro S50 and Brake Boosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I went with the Tilton two pedal setup that I posted above.

VAC Motorsports put together a nice package with a weld-in bracket to mount the pedal cluster. It also doesn't hurt that I have an account with them. :)

Comment

Damnit!

I'm seriously thinking of doing that now, because I need to put the clutch pedal in toooo....

Point in me in the right direction as to where you got that mike b. What size mc did you get for the brakes and clutch?
      1" ?
      Last edited by Maeda; 01-09-2007, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I have an account with VAC Motorsports and they put together a package for me. I get a pretty good price and if your interested in a package PM me and I'll give you pricing info.

I went with the lightened steel 2-pedal box. I liked the steel better than the aluminum pedals shown above, as they have anti-slip pads instead of just the raw aluminum. Since this will be a DD from March/April thru the first snow, wet feet are a possibility and I thought this would be the best way to go. The weight difference is less than a pound.

It also includes some weld-in brackets since I don't have a cage to tie everything into. You need a least two points of attachment and the brackets help satisfy this need.

I have E30M3 brakes all around and VAC recommended starting with a 7/8ths for the front M/C and two 3/4ths for the rear M/C and the clutch. I also spec'd a brake balance adjuster knob that I am going to mount in the OBC location.

I am also going to have to drill an additional hole for the accel cable. I understand the the box blocks the cable in it's stock location. It shouldn't be a big deal.

I am going full manual, so the ABS pump is going away. I am going to have some custom brake lines made up (www.classictube.com) with AN-3 fittings on one side and BMW on the other.

Downside, it's not a real cheap solution, but not much more than getting new Geo parts and it's less than the BMW hydraulic setup if I buy the booster new. On the plus side, I end up with a very flexible system that can accommodate BBK upgrades quite easily and the ability to dial in my brakes to meet my needs. It also cleans up the engine bay significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B. View Post
          Downside, it's not a real cheap solution, but not much more than getting new Geo parts and it's less than the BMW hydraulic setup if I buy the booster new. On the plus side, I end up with a very flexible system that can accommodate BBK upgrades quite easily and the ability to dial in my brakes to meet my needs. It also cleans up the engine bay significantly.
          Cheap? I'm willing to pay to play. Plus having 3 floor mounted pedals makes you more DTM right? ^_^

I'm upgrading to 4 piston calipers as soon as the CNC'er gets off his butt so I think this is it for me!

You got PM BTW.

Comment

geo booster / suzuki swift for euro. i didnt see any other way around it. 2002tii - no go. i even modified the geo booster to fit an e30 master - no go.

unexpected differences.

4 mounting studs in different locations. new holes need to be drilled in fire wall. caution...check the footwell for bolt clearance. drill in the wrong place and you cant get the bolt on. also different thread sizes. need geo nuts.

pushrod that attaches to brake pedal is 1/4" too short also different thread sizes. need geo pivot.

more to come. cheers, jason

Comment

how about modifying the intake so it doesnt hit the booster???? thats what i would do
              e30sport.net
              '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
              '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
              '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

If you want to use a 2002 booster, you can't use the tii. It is 1" larger in dia. than the standard '02 booster.

The use of a standard '02 booster will require the use of a vacuum reservoir to increase the 'virtual' size of the booster. That way you won't run out of vacuum assist.

Comment

If you want to use a 2002 booster, you can't use the tii. It is 1" larger in dia. than the standard '02 booster.

The use of a standard '02 booster will require the use of a vacuum reservoir to increase the 'virtual' size of the booster. That way you won't run out of vacuum assist.
                  The 2002 booster is bigger in diameter than the Tii one. But the Tii booster is longer. BTW The Tii booster can aslo be found in Bavarias and 2800/3.0 CS.
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

The boys over in the UK on www.e30zone.co.uk have used a Golf GTi Mk I and Porsche 944 brake boosters with some success.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbaby88 View Post
                      The boys over in the UK on www.e30zone.co.uk have used a Golf GTi Mk I and Porsche 944 brake boosters with some success.
                      i was tempted, but it also requires cutting the intake plentum to create a one inch deep "divit." not too fond of that idea.

here is the pic of my booster. note....new brake lines bent to abs unit. brake line on fire wall slightly moved. other modifications included extending the threaded rod 1/4". (thread pitch was different between e30 and geo). and drilling new mounting holes in firewall.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jason,

Are you going to use some sort of vacuum reservoir with this setup?

Comment

Jason,

Are you going to use some sort of vacuum reservoir with this setup?
                          Yep.

Comment

Vat is that Jason? S50 or 54? :mrgreen:

Anyway, the 944 booster is pretty large. I saw a 924 ATE booster at the yard a few weeks back and it looks to be around 2" smaller in diameter. The salvage yard was so kind to park the 924 next to the 944. Haha.

I'm gonna check it out to see the mounting pattern and stuff once the weather gets a bit warmer.

Originally posted by whysimon
                            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Jason and I both picked up our S50B32's from a guy in the Chicago burbs.

Any info on the 924 booster would be great!

Comment

What booster/MC does this look like?? I wonder if the intake was cut out?

From Azevedo Motorsports website...

Comment

Working...
                                X