ABS delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS delete

Due primarily to some serious f**ckups on my part, I will be removing the ABS from my car. Embarrassment requires that I not go into too much detail. Basically, all I need to do is remove the servo, make new lines, and cut and cap the wires? What sets off the warning panel light?

Car is back from paint, starting to put it back together now...and fix my mistakes

TIA,

kroberts

So what really happened? Screw up a line or some wiring?
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

im interested in how to do the ABS delete also. i dont want/need ABS on my car, and want to take it all out while im doing the swap.
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I tee'd the line to the front brakes and just connected the line from the MC to the abs pump to the line running to the rears.
        Perot isn't a Hillary hater, but he's not a fan either, relating the bumper sticker he received that reads: "Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President."

Comment

I track my car and found that with ABS the car stops a lot faster. Without it the car easily locked up the wheels.

Too bad it's so fucking huge.

Comment

my problem is that the car is throwing up and ABS light on the dash. so rather than replace it i figured i would remove it instead...
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
              I track my car and found that with ABS the car stops a lot faster. Without it the car easily locked up the wheels.

did your car lock all 4 wheels? or do you have a bias problem?
              91 m3

Comment

My ABS sucks balls, wierd though, when my ABS light is off it kicks on and after my car being on for 20 minutes the ABS light turns on and i have no ABS issues and it brakes just fine. I want to remove it but i live in Mass and the weather can go from good to suck in minutes but i really see no real problem even in snowy conditions if i drive carefully like i usually do, does anyone have a write up on how to remove it successfully without problems? if not i guess i will have on on saturday and post it up on here.
                sigpic

Comment

You guys should fix your ABS relays.

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post

Seconding this. I've done a couple of sessions with the ABS relay pulled, and there is just way too much front bias with otherwise stock HW. The fronts lock up waaay early. I was having to threshold brake way earlier than I wanted to, and it just killed my brake zones. With an adjustable brake bias setup, it might be doable.

-Charlie
                    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                    FYYFF

Comment

I am creating a bracket that will allow the use of dual master cylinders / adjustable bias knob, that will work with the stock pedal cluster. If you forward the specs of your car/brake system to Tilton, they will spec master cylinders specific to your application.

I created this bracket to deal with the intake/booster clearance issues associated with a Euro swap, but it will work well in other applications.

I should have the prototype in my hands for test fitting this weekend.
                      Attached Files

Comment

mike b, will this work with floor mounted tiltons, or firewall hung tiltons, or both?

Do you delete the ABS if you run manual brakes?
                        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

The bracket is designed to work with the stock pedal cluster.

I am deleting the ABS with my setup. I don't think you can run lines from the dual masters to the ABS pump, but I could be wrong. Anybody have any input?

Comment

oldie here. I just deleted my abs and cut about 10 wires going into it plus the ground. Do I just cap these off now? Do I need to ground anything?

Comment

Working...
                            X