No announcement yet.

My e30 318is s52 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not an m3 its my daily driver 328is with m package, and ill have a vid to prove ill blow the doors off the c6 when i have the blower installed.

alright i guess ill pull the shaft out one more time and get it balanced, i didnt read anywhere anyone else doing it, ill have to look around for a shop in the area. going to get the shaft welded right now.

Comment

Comment

nice welds

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
          nice welds
          ya it was....till i tryed installing it, and the bolt pattern on the guibo is different than the tranny!!

im very close to ripping the driveshaft out of my 328. back to square one with the drive shaft situation, again any leads leme no.

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
            ya it was....till i tryed installing it, and the bolt pattern on the guibo is different than the tranny!!

im very close to ripping the driveshaft out of my 328.
            DO IT!!! you know you want to drive it:)

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

im very close to ripping the driveshaft out of my 328. back to square one with the drive shaft situation, again any leads leme no.
              ...that is quite funny....should've researched man. look on ebay and bimmerforums there;s always driveshafts for sale. gl man ;)
              No more e30s for me.
              88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
              88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
              91 BMW 325i [sold]
              86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

gosh...this thread is so bad ass...

I gotta say I really like this swap!
                keep up the good work.

Comment

its not an m3 its my daily driver 328is with m package, and ill have a vid to prove ill blow the doors off the c6 when i have the blower installed.

alright i guess ill pull the shaft out one more time and get it balanced, i didnt read anywhere anyone else doing it, ill have to look around for a shop in the area. going to get the shaft welded right now.
                  Well I didn't expect a blower ;).

Even then it'll only be from a roll, b/c you won't see traction in time unless you get turbo flares and some meaty tires.
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
                    ...that is quite funny....should've researched man. look on ebay and bimmerforums there;s always driveshafts for sale. gl man ;)
                    i no, i no i got to excited, now i have to keep waiting to drive the fucken thing. might have a lead on here for a shaft.

Comment

ebay fulls threw as usual, my e36m3 shaft is in the mailbox...back to work. ill take some scenic detroit pics he he.

Comment

^^G G GIAAAa!
                        No more e30s for me.
                        88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                        88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                        91 BMW 325i [sold]
                        86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

cant wait to see this car in action

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

im an asshole i forgot this pic, hood is back on now, it closes, kinda was worried i was sitting to high.

Comment

Nice write up. Just found this tread. Great job on the swap. I am about to start my swap on my 318is. All I need is to order my lightweight flywheel and clutch and I am ready. On question, are you hooking up the ac? of so, what are you doing for hoses? I am planning on hooking mine back up since I live in the south and it gets real hot and humid around here.
                              sigpic
                              1990 E30 325ic (sold for more than I paid for it after 5 Years)
                              1995 E30 325e (in progress)
                              1987 E30 325is (totaled)
                              1990 E30 325i
                              1991 E30 318is M50 PWR
                              1996 E36 328ic
                              1997 Z3
                              2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 6.5' bed The work horse (need something to drag all these old BMW's home for resurrection.)

Comment

thanks man, im almost there. i am hooking the ac up, theres no way im driving a nice car, sweating my balls off LOL!.well, i havent got there yet but keep an eye on this thread, zionsville sells the lines done, for 250, i have to see if its worth fucken around with, im told one line is actually a direct fit, so well see what happens.

update, e36 m3 drive shaft seems to be a perfect fit, maybe a shy short, but thats way better than having to cut and weld it again. now i need to change the center bearing AGAIN! shift kit isa in the mail. i also modified the e36 armrest, i got some pics on it. done know if anyones discussed this before, all i need to do is mount it to the car now.

Comment

Working...
                                X