No announcement yet.

My e30 318is s52 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man-you shouldn't be running with 87 gas! Were you pinging at all? Maybe pull the valve cover and recheck your timing.
    How old is the o2 sensor? Although you usually tend to run rich when these go out.
    Check all your vacuum lines. A leak might cause it to run lean.
    Are you sure you're running super lean?

Comment

i no i put some octane boost in it, ill have to put another 20litres of gas in but 93 this time lol. also the o2 sensor i might try swaping its from a 95 m3, i have the m42 o2 still thats only a year old i try that out as well. according to the a/f its running lean...i dunno could be hooked up wrong, but if it was to rich i dont think it would be a dog would it? how would i no im pinging? sound wise you mean?

Comment

^^ my s52 ran 87 when i put it in. ran nicely and had plenty of balls. as for fuel problems man, your FPR is in the back of your fuel rail if you're running the stock one i doubt you're having any fuel pressure issues. sounds to me like the problem is elsewhere if not electrical.

---
        eidt* you honestly thought the m42 sensor would work?
        ---
        No more e30s for me.
        88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
        88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
        91 BMW 325i [sold]
        86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

dude get that m42 out and s50 sensor in. did you try the chip from your supercharger?

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Pinging sounds like a rattle when you're giving it gas. Some people describe it as bolts rattling around inside a can. It's sort of a low-tone rattle, if that makes any sense.

Use the correct o2 sensor for the engine!
            How are your knock sensors? If they are faulty and detecting a knocking engine (pinging, same thing) the computer will adjust the timing so that the knocking stops.

Comment

na na na i DO have an s50 o2 in there right now i was going to put in the m42 just to see if anything would change but i guess thats not a good idea lol. im pretty sure my knock sensors are good, i do have a small ticking when the engine warms up, probably what your talking about. going to switch to the AA chip right now, see what happens

Comment

nope, wont start, switched back to factory chip and it starts again. ill have to order a chip from matt.

Comment

did you try checking how much presure the system has for fuel?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

ok im pritty sher i just found your problem. you do need the chip thats why it doesnt pull like it should becasue the computer still thinks its a 2.5L. im almost positive that is your problem

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Sorry I haven't read through the thread about which DME you are using, but if it's a 413 from a 325i, then you have the tune for the m50 which is very conservative. It will run like crap, but once you get an m3 chip in there you'll be all good. :D
                      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

ya im a dumb ass, i didnt get a chip for it before knowing ill need one, im gonna try stock s50 chip first, then spend some coin on a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
                          ya im a dumb ass, i didnt get a chip for it before knowing ill need one, im gonna try stock s50 chip first, then spend some coin on a good one.
                          The S50 still uses 17lb injectors. Just get the right chip, why do you want to risk burning up your engine?

Comment

yes get the right ones. your running 21.5's like me

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

i think matt ~ racersmarket sells an obdI chip for the S52...i think THAT is what you want, not an M50->s50 chip...also consider chip with mods ~ HFM, headers, intake injectors and who knows what tunes he's got.
                              No more e30s for me.
                              88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                              88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                              91 BMW 325i [sold]
                              86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by BigD View Post
                                The S50 still uses 17lb injectors. Just get the right chip, why do you want to risk burning up your engine?
                                fakkkkk your right, i do have the 17.5 laying around though lol. what chip you running bigD?

ive already talk to matt, ill be ordering it shortly, i might be getting the 3.5 hfm and 24lbs injectors though, i guess i can just mail it back for upgrades right?

Comment

Working...
                                X