No announcement yet.

My e30 318is s52 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i put some pics up of my sawp check it out. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111673

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

wo wo you start this thread now! youve been holding out on us! love the carbon eyelids, ill have a read, im down this week on the car, waiting till friday.

i may be the best CSB remover and installer in north america, ive done this too many timnes now LOL! m3 rear shaft shaft is in, csb fits titties compared to the 318 shaft.

Comment

yeah i have been working on all this year. its my high school senior project. cant wait to see your car run

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
          yeah i have been working on all this year. its my high school senior project. cant wait to see your car run
          that's a cool friking high school...the most interesting thing i did in mine was build a potato launcher
          Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
          wo wo you start this thread now! youve been holding out on us! love the carbon eyelids, ill have a read, im down this week on the car, waiting till friday.

i may be the best CSB remover and installer in north america, ive done this too many timnes now LOL! m3 rear shaft shaft is in, csb fits titties compared to the 318 shaft.
          and you gotta teach me how to remove them csb...i failed miserably when i tired messing with mine.

congrats man tis been a ride long ride.. now get some pics and vids!! :nice:
          No more e30s for me.
          88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
          88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
          91 BMW 325i [sold]
          86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

ALRIGHT! drove the car down the street today, its a fucken dog, as my air/fuel meter reads(thought i had it hooked up wrong) its running super lean, any ideas guys?? i have the s52 injectors in it, runs and idles fine but somethings definetly wrong with the fuel situation. anyways heres what i did today...my shift kit did not fit so i hacked up the m42 linkage, sifter is perfect in the center, but the shifts are longer than before, oh well.

fancy e36m3 shift kit...waaaay to short like 3 inchs

comparision is modified e30 bavauto kit

heres how off center the shifter is, but that seems to be the perfect spot for me.
            top view center with console

up shift...ignore the sanded shifter and g unit cd

down shift...

thats all for now, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Nice project dude! That not to long shift wise should be sweet.
              sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
              Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
              NEW One on the track :)
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
              Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

g-g-g-g-g-G-UNIT! :woowoo:
                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

did you not use a chip with your ECU that may be the problem. just an idea though

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

it might be, i have nothing in it stock ecu, anyone else run stock and have a problem? could be the 87 octane gas i put in there too?

i have an AA chip ment for the blower, you think i should pop it in and see what happens?

Comment

Looking good. I will start my swap this week. Not sure why you are running lean, How is your fuel pressrure?
                      sigpic
                      1990 E30 325ic (sold for more than I paid for it after 5 Years)
                      1995 E30 325e (in progress)
                      1987 E30 325is (totaled)
                      1990 E30 325i
                      1991 E30 318is M50 PWR
                      1996 E36 328ic
                      1997 Z3
                      2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 6.5' bed The work horse (need something to drag all these old BMW's home for resurrection.)

Comment

Originally posted by e30325ic View Post
                        Looking good. I will start my swap this week. Not sure why you are running lean, How is your fuel pressrure?
                        no idea what pressure i have how do i check that?

Comment

get a fuel presure gauge then tie it into one of the fuel supply lines. takes like 10mins. but my guess is its ethier the ECU not having a chip so its not supplying enough gas or the fuel pump

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

i think i might try the AA chip for the hell of it, worst that happens i think is that it runns super rich. ill have to get the fuel pressure gauge from my buddy see what i have, dont think its the fuel pump it doesnt feel like its cutting out or anyhting like that, it just feels like a 318 still lol

Comment

lol just +2 extra cylinders. have you tryed the icv? stuck open maybe?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

ill check icv but i think my idle would be effected if that was the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X