My e30 318is s52 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
    fakkkkk your right, i do have the 17.5 laying around though lol. what chip you running bigD?

ive already talk to matt, ill be ordering it shortly, i might be getting the 3.5 hfm and 24lbs injectors though, i guess i can just mail it back for upgrades right?
    The chips cost pennies, just get the right chip with the hardware.

I'm running a Zionsville chip for the package, I got it together with everything from the seller (was planning to put the S52 into his 318 so he had all the OBDI bits incl the right chip).

Comment

or you could just put the supercharger on with the chip. that solves your problem and then some

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Hey man-just wanna say this is one of the best 24v swap threads ever. I've learned a ton from your troubles and will re-read it when I start my swap. Actually, I'm almost done taking the motor apart and getting ready for the shop!
        Good job!!

Comment

Chips are upgradeable, yes. We do have a great OBDI S52 chip... we've probably done a dozen of them now.

And of course, PM me for better pricing / free shipping sorta deals.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
            Chips are upgradeable, yes. We do have a great OBDI S52 chip... we've probably done a dozen of them now.

And of course, PM me for better pricing / free shipping sorta deals.

Thanks guys!
            matt excellent service, i ordered it this morning(mentioned your name with mods) when i came home from work, i already had the tracking number, i definetly support racers market, and will forwards others for there chips. now i somehow wait with patiences....i guess ill figure out the reverse light and tach.

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
              or you could just put the supercharger on with the chip. that solves your problem and then some
              ha ha your the second one to mention that...NO! i wanna dyno in between, and get use to double the power of the might m42 piece of shit.

E30SERG: thanks for the complements, ive been trying to be through with this thread for that purpose, plus i might do this swap again, never no. if theres anything ive missed or want pics of lemme no.

Comment

o you know you want to drive it with the supercharger

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

wow sick build bro. Very nice car.

P.S. I love your avatar!!
                  harry/harout

Comment

Just read this thread, Great build. Lot's of info from everyone.

Comment

okay i installed my racers market chip today, its still running lean but not as lean as before, still has no balls i must have a problem somewhere. i did notice that my brake pedal feel is quit hard, like the booster is getting to much air or something. also i noticed that when i pull the throttle i can actually see the intake manifold expanding.....that makes no sense at all, i must have some vacuum line hooked up wrong. any suggestions guys?? heres some updated pics from today though..

its been in the garage for 6 months so it is dirty.

Comment

wow very clean. i got the same straut tower brace to.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I love your car, one of the only e30s I've seen pull off the twisty skirts. ;)

IMO gas door looks a lil out of place, but hey it's your car.
                          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
                            also i noticed that when i pull the throttle i can actually see the intake manifold expanding...
                            wwwwwwwwwwhat??? Where is it expanding??? By the throttle body? You sure it's not just a loose TB or cracked manifold flexing that you're seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by BigD View Post
                              wwwwwwwwwwhat??? Where is it expanding??? By the throttle body? You sure it's not just a loose TB or cracked manifold flexing that you're seeing?
                              +1

Sounds like you have a very bad vacuum leak after the throttle body.... maybe a whole bad intake manifold. We run the stock M50 manifold up to 30psi and never see it change shape...

Can you post some close up pics of your injectors, throttle body, MAF, and intake manifold?

Comment

Originally posted by BigD View Post

i no, i almost had a heart attack, i checke my e36 and it doesnt do that, ill have to take it off and see what the issue is. its not the TB its the entire side of the manifold, the flat side where the TB mounts i can actually see it expanding. maybe ill get a vid.

Matt, ill get you a pic, you want me to take the injector cover off? so your saying my manifold is not sealed properly to the block? i do recall that i had an issue getting the last nut on, to the back of the motor, you think that would give a bad enough seal? ill get you some pics today to look at before i pull the manifold off. you think its also related to my brake pedal feel?

Comment

Working...
                                X