X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is windsor?

If you don't mind me asking.

Comment

ontario canada, its across the river from detroit. biggest north american border crossing. heres something new in windsor, if you 19 year olds want to go somewhere cheaper than vegas...caesars windsor

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        Where is windsor?
        Where 19 year olds from Ohio and Michigan go to drink.

-Charlie
        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
        FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
          i no i no, but im waaaaaaaaaay to excited right now!! i brought the exhaust today with me for my mechanic to install....lasst! when it runs right, its video time, it will be on the perfect street to beat the piss outa!
          bigD i think i saw randy post somewhere that bimmercruise is on aug 24, theres also a dyno day or something, ill see you then for sure!and im NOT in for a high speed run, i dont wanna loose my license, im getting married next year lol!!
          We'll see where I end up, it may be on the street after this exhaust is done... fuck. The guy said what I feared he'd say - that the front manifold is not gonna work. He's gonna take it off and cut/weld the flange so it points more back. It's of course the right way to go because now I'll actually be able to take the pipes on and off... but they charge $80/hr... fuck me.

I just hope I get a call before the end of the day with good news because if I don't, that's $800 + stainless pipe out of the window and not even finished...

The guy didn't even wanna start initially. I said no cats, he's like I don't want to touch it. Said I'm nuts too, if I get caught it's a big fine, and it'll come back to him with a big fist up the ass. I said it'll be a track car etc, barely any road time - he says fine deal in cash, I don't want to hear about it again after we're done...

I'd say I'm biting my nails but I think I just ate them all.

Comment

dont worry im sure it will work, thats why i sold my midpipe i didnt wanna get it in the ass for custom welding and bending, it will take like an hour to weld in the hangers and it shouldnt be that bad. so are we getting hotrod classification for etest..i cant find it on there site anymore.

Comment

dont worry im sure it will work, thats why i sold my midpipe i didnt wanna get it in the ass for custom welding and bending, it will take like an hour to weld in the hangers and it shouldnt be that bad. so are we getting hotrod classification for etest..i cant find it on there site anymore.
              Just called the shop, still not done. They have everything built, just took it down to weld it. They had to remove the front manifold to change the flange angle, said that was a pain (I can imagine). Estimating 13-1400 bucks right now... fuck me sideways.

Mine's an 87, no etest for me sucka. You'll have to stay legal - just hope they don't open your hood.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD View Post
                We'll see where I end up, it may be on the street after this exhaust is done... fuck. The guy said what I feared he'd say - that the front manifold is not gonna work. He's gonna take it off and cut/weld the flange so it points more back. It's of course the right way to go because now I'll actually be able to take the pipes on and off... but they charge $80/hr... fuck me.

I just hope I get a call before the end of the day with good news because if I don't, that's $800 + stainless pipe out of the window and not even finished...

The guy didn't even wanna start initially. I said no cats, he's like I don't want to touch it. Said I'm nuts too, if I get caught it's a big fine, and it'll come back to him with a big fist up the ass. I said it'll be a track car etc, barely any road time - he says fine deal in cash, I don't want to hear about it again after we're done...

I'd say I'm biting my nails but I think I just ate them all.
                You guys like to make this shit real complicated.

Flowmaster y collector, couple of 2 1/2 inch 8 inch mandrel S bends, cheap welder or good exhaust clamps. Took me an hour and a half. Instant track pipe.

-Charlie
                Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                FYYFF

Comment

Just called the shop, still not done. They have everything built, just took it down to weld it. They had to remove the front manifold to change the flange angle, said that was a pain (I can imagine). Estimating 13-1400 bucks right now... fuck me sideways.

Mine's an 87, no etest for me sucka. You'll have to stay legal - just hope they don't open your hood.
                  mmmm i have no cats, ill have to get an under the table emissions test maybe. dude your car better sound amazing for that price!

Comment

Estimating 13-1400 bucks right now... fuck me sideways..

If they can't put together an exhaust system in one day, I'd tell them to stop working on it so you can take it to someone who's relatively competent. And I'd tell them to shove there $1400 up their ass. I paid like $150 in labor for my header back exhaust.
                    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                    e30 restoration and V8 swap
                    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

mmmm i have no cats, ill have to get an under the table emissions test maybe. dude your car better sound amazing for that price!
                      It's done... 1200. Oh well. I think a good chunk of it was to cut/weld the front manifold (well to take it off first of all).

They did an amazing job. It looks OEM under there with the clearances. They cut the front flange perfect, all the welds look better than the Corsa muffler. It's funny I think I can also BS out of a no cat ticket, cause they had to move the resonators of the UUC back to where the cats should be...

It's LOUD AS A MOTHERFUCKER OMG. It sounds SO cool. Up to 3 grand it sounds very ballsy, above that it sounds like a fucking race car - up close inside the building it's almost painfully loud... SO HAPPY. Just gotta pay them now...

Sorry for the shit quality, was in a rush to get there so only had the phone.

Comment

sweet.....k now did you beat on it?

Comment

sweet.....k now did you beat on it?
                          No like I said I still gotta pay 'em for it, all banks are closed and they only wanna deal in cash because I wanted no cats - want no paper trail.

Not gonna beat on it till the clutch is broken in. Also gotta do another oil change once I get it back. I just hope it's under 92db at 50 feet cause that's the limit at Mont Tremblant...

Comment

I guess if it's only for track use that's fine...but for a daily you would last maybe a day.

We need an exhaust clip when you get it back!
                            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

bigB thanks for hijacking my thread lol,seriously you can take over till i get my pile of shit back anyways. so i have a request, please tell me you can get a pic of how they positioned the hangers for the muffler and mid pipe..please...........big D, dont worry about the cash, its done now, if i get a 1200 dollar bill from my mechanic for handing my car over driveable and finished, i wont even blink to fork over the cash.

but there assholes for not giving you the car, and paying them the next day, id snap, your bigD you should of snapped LOL

Comment

bigB thanks for hijacking my thread lol,seriously you can take over till i get my pile of shit back anyways. so i have a request, please tell me you can get a pic of how they positioned the hangers for the muffler and mid pipe..please...........big D, dont worry about the cash, its done now, if i get a 1200 dollar bill from my mechanic for handing my car over driveable and finished, i wont even blink to fork over the cash.

but there assholes for not giving you the car, and paying them the next day, id snap, your bigD you should of snapped LOL
                                Yeah I'm not sweating it too much, just wish it didn't sting my bank account so much. Oh well, I'll be back to normal next month, the mortgage will still be paid. It was done right. If I had it done for a few hundred with a single steel pipe I'd be a little happier now but it'd bug me forever after until I had it redone properly. It's the only thing anyone has done on this car besides me and my fiancee so I'm glad I at least made sure I didn't half ass anything.

Yeah I'll try to get pics for you tomorrow, hope they don't take it off the hoist (I'm picking it up at the end of the day).

I dunno that part I can actually understand. What serious business would let you take their product home on a promise (edit: on a handshake) that you'll pay tomorrow? It's not like I'm buddy-buddy with the guy. Plus there is no contract or other evidence (other than those pics) that my car was ever there and he wants to keep it that way. So if I drive off with it, what's to keep me from saying I did it myself?

Comment

Working...
                                X