My e30 318is s52 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
    lol thats why i asked, might look better if the needles are red.

Matt, i switched the o2 once already im positive its working, what do you think if i played with the fuel pressure lowering it a couple psi at a time till i dont have a black tailpipe? this thing is burning premium fuel like no tomorrow.also...can a o2 simulator do anything for me?fool the ecu?
    No O2 sensor simulators.

Do you have cats?

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
      No O2 sensor simulators.
      +1... you want the DME to know what's going on in your engine
      1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
        No O2 sensor simulators.

Do you have cats?
        no...i might have to get one though for emissions testing.

Comment

There are a thousand things that can make your gas mileage bad. You could have a bad sensor on the motor or your FPR gauge could be off and you could still be running high fuel pressure or whatever.

The last thing you want to do is trick your ECU. Just make sure it's getting the correct info it needs and you'll be fine.

And if you're getting soot on your bumper, get a cat.

Comment

Re: differential ratio - I'm running a 3.46 LSD. If you're ever going to be across the border in MI, we can meet up so you can see if 3.46 is right for you.

E30 24V 6MT SOLD :( - look for it in sunny Miami :)

Comment

Originally posted by m3_eater View Post
              Re: differential ratio - I'm running a 3.46 LSD. If you're ever going to be across the border in MI, we can meet up so you can see if 3.46 is right for you.
              how far are you from detroit? i crosss quite often, we can test each others cars out!

Comment

Originally posted by m3_eater View Post
                How fast can you go in 1st and 2nd???? (e30polak using Taylor's comp...hehehe)
                Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

can anyone confirm that a 85 535i diff is a direct swap into an e30, from the pics looks like its identical, im wondering if the bolt pattern for the trailing arms is the same.

Comment

can anyone confirm that a 85 535i diff is a direct swap into an e30, from the pics looks like its identical, im wondering if the bolt pattern for the trailing arms is the same.
                    Yes, the E28 diff will work fine-you just have to swap over the rear cover from your E30 diff to it and it will bolt right up. I 'think' the drive flanges are the same, but if not just swap those over also-takes 30 seconds to do that.
                    Eric Giles
                    '20 M2 CS
                    '04 M3
                    '11 X5 35D
                    '87 325is
                    '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

sweet thanks, thats funny though the rear flange looks the same, the mount must be different by just enough

Comment

yep just swap the flanges and rear cover and your ready to go

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

sweet thanks, thats funny though the rear flange looks the same, the mount must be different by just enough
                          It shouldn't look the same. The E28 rear cover looks like this.

The drive flanges are also a different size than the E30.......BUT, they are easy to swap. The covers are plug and play. For the flanges, just wedge a piece of wood between the case and the lip on the flange and give it a good whack with a mallet. They pop right out and you can replace them with the ones from your E30 Diff.

Comment

you no what, i think the guy selling doesnt no what he has, thats not the cover he has. thats what i thought the rear was suppose to look like. thats for the info on the swapping of parts

Comment

how far are you from detroit? i crosss quite often, we can test each others cars out!

I'm in the NW suburbs, but I don't mind coming down to the Detroit area at all to meet. Early weekday evenings are good. PM me sometime.

E30 24V 6MT SOLD :( - look for it in sunny Miami :)

Comment

little update, i took the 2.93 appart, pretty easy, and i dont have any shavings in the casing, the only place that seems to be my problem is the shaft that bolts to the driveshaft. i can move it a 1/4" up and down. anyone know what size that monster nut on the end of it is??

im going to see if i can fix this instead of getting another one. im wondering if the actual casing is fucked, ill swap it with the 4.10 casing.

Comment

Working...
                                X