Ebay headers, + freeflow exhaust = loud ass mofo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Charlie
    replied
    Originally posted by KangamangusDriver
    Put a band aid over the mic on the camera, will help with wind noise.

    Charlie, any pics of your setup??


    Nothing amazing. It's a track pipe. What you see there is about 85% finished, I'm still messing around with fitment and seeing what drags, so I've stuck with clamps for now. Eventually when I see where it hits, I'll weld it all up and make it a little more flush.







    So far I've done a few autoxs, track days, and about 750 street miles with the setup, no real clearance issues after I adjusted the clamps. The car has Jstocks on it, so the area near the subframe doesn't really compress enough to make contact.

    -Charlie

    Leave a comment:


  • KangamangusDriver
    replied
    Put a band aid over the mic on the camera, will help with wind noise.

    Charlie, any pics of your setup??

    Leave a comment:


  • quillbro
    replied
    Just ordered the ebay headers... wondering where i should put the O2 sensor. Should i put it in the header or after the headers in the pipe? I think both headers will accept the o2 sensor. Let me know, thanks -Evan

    Leave a comment:


  • 416stroker
    replied
    I have one question how are the california guys getting away with the ebay headers? Are the 50 state or do they not have to be. I ask because I know they have been cracking down on all the honda guys impounding cars and shit.

    Leave a comment:


  • Charlie
    replied
    Originally posted by quillbro
    a little off topic but i allready have stock m50 headers on my motor... Is there any advantage to the ebay ones?
    Lighter weight, allegedly better flow, no issues with clearing the body or CABs.

    -Charlie

    Leave a comment:


  • quillbro
    replied
    a little off topic but i allready have stock m50 headers on my motor... Is there any advantage to the ebay ones?

    Leave a comment:


  • broke30
    replied
    Originally posted by e30polak
    Ya, but not from the headers back buddy. :p

    Plus with only a muffler and no other type of resonator, your exhaust not must drone like a mo fro.
    Correct, which is why I said e36's have 2.5" aftermarket CAT-BACKS. I also have a crush-bent exhaust so sound is deadened slightly in the track. It doesn't drone at all. It is a pleasant rumble.....
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    Not as loud with my big muffler in the middle, just right now!

    Still plenty loud.

    Your setup must be annoyingly loud, especially inside the cab.

    Care to post an exhaust clip?

    Plus I like some form of resonance to clean up the exhaust note. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • 92 mtechnic cabrio
    replied
    Originally posted by e30polak
    u think that's loud?! i was running 3" with just a high flow cat and a vibrant muffler at the end...now i put the biggest muffler i could right after the cat: 24" accelerator muffler, it's fucking huge...now the exhaust is almost perfect, she purrs like a kitten when cruising, but when i punch it it's still fuckin aggressive. i need to get rid of the p.o.s ebay turbo manifold i'm using as a header and get a nice set of headers, then switch to 2.5" piping all the way thru.
    you think that's loud? here's my setup:

    headers -> dual 2.5" pipe -> dual 2.5" pipe -> dual 2.5" pipe -> exhaust tips

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    Originally posted by golde30
    hot damn, my e30 is the loudest/most raspy car i've ever heard in my entire life. im running the ebay SS knockoff headers, into a dual in/single 2.5" out free flow CAT, and then 2.5" back to a 2.5" in/dual 2.5" out magnaflow stainless muffler. holy shit, its just super loud. i will take a sound clip 2m and try and post it up, its just out of control though.

    any suggestions on how to quiet it down? i was thinking either a glasspack, or just put another muffler/resonator in there behind the current muffler. what do ya'll think?
    where did you buy your parts from to make your system? every place i look online charges an arm and a leg

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by broke30
    Uh no and no! Stock e36s have dual 2.5" for aftermarket cat-backs.....
    Max
    Ya, but not from the headers back buddy. :p

    Plus with only a muffler and no other type of resonator, your exhaust not must drone like a mo fro.

    Leave a comment:


  • golde30
    replied
    you guys are rite, it doesnt sound loud in that video, i should take one with the camera behind the car, and shoot a flyby.

    Leave a comment:


  • broke30
    replied
    Originally posted by e30polak
    Dual 2.5 is too big.

    My 3" is even too big, but whatever floats your boat.

    That shit must be pretty freakin loud though. :crazy:
    Uh no and no! Stock e36s have dual 2.5" for aftermarket cat-backs.....
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    Dual 2.5 is too big.

    My 3" is even too big, but whatever floats your boat.

    That shit must be pretty freakin loud though. :crazy:

    Leave a comment:


  • broke30
    replied
    I'm running OBDII headers to custom 2.5" dual pipes all the way back to my borla catback. No cat, no resonator, nothing. And it has a deep growl and a low burble at idle....
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...