No announcement yet.

Info on 540i MAF / Euro HFM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a related note: aren't any gains provided by a 3.5" MAF/HFM going to be erased by running the stock 3" airbox line into it? 3" to 3.5" and back to 3" sounds like a useless upgrade to me *shrug*

E30 24V 6MT SOLD :( - look for it in sunny Miami :)

Comment

Originally posted by m3_eater View Post
      On a related note: aren't any gains provided by a 3.5" MAF/HFM going to be erased by running the stock 3" airbox line into it? 3" to 3.5" and back to 3" sounds like a useless upgrade to me *shrug*
      i was thinking about this as well...

is there a real difference with the 3.5" ??
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

yes there are gain to be found with this set up, people dont just do it for SPORT. If you feel that you will see more of a gain with a 3.5" Suction boot then buy one from Bimmerworld there only $99.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
          Incorrect.

The 540i/euro HFM is not compatible with OBDII. You need a porsche MAF and you need to wire it in a specific way... hence the TMS MAF harness that goes with conforti OBDII intakes.
          It seems like VAC found a way? https://store.vacmotorsports.com/mob...6-m3-p574.aspx

I have a spare 540 MAF and 24 lb injectors and a M50 manifold - hopefully can find a way to have them play nice while keeping OBDII.

Comment

Yes the 540i/euro HFM can be easily used in OBD2 setup. Just change the connector, wire it correctly and use MAF map from alpina binary. The wiring isn't anything special. Just match wires according to the ETM.

Comment

Working...
            X