Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a quick probably easy question, that reading this thread has done nothing but confuse me on.
    Im swaping a M50 into my E30, using the stock tranny, if im using the M20 flywheel on my M50........., cant I just use the same pressure plate, clutch and bearing for the M20 as well? Seems like it should work, but I see countless variations and combinations listed. I am aware I might have to shave it down
    Thanks for any help!

24V M50, M3 cams, Turner Tune, full exhaust, ect....

Comment

Originally posted by highoutput View Post
      Im swaping a M50 into my E30, using the stock tranny, if im using the M20 flywheel on my M50........., cant I just use the same pressure plate, clutch and bearing for the M20 as well? Seems like it should work, but I see countless variations and combinations listed. I am aware I might have to shave it down
      Thanks for any help!
      YES. If you are keeping your e30 Getrag 260 trans then you can keep and reuse all the rest of the shit attached to it.
      You'll have to shave the engine side of the flywheel down so it does not interfere with the e34 oilpan.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Comment

Having a bit of a issue right now, I am running a 240 trans, early single mass m20 flywheel, m20 clutch and PP, and 240 pilot bearing...and a 325i TO bearing...

it feels like my TO bearing is not reaching PP

I did go from a Dual Mass to a single mass btw

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Don't you have to use the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate that correspond with your transmission?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
              Having a bit of a issue right now, I am running a 240 trans, early single mass m20 flywheel, m20 clutch and PP, and 240 pilot bearing...and a 325i TO bearing...

You need a euro 323 tob.

Is been covered mutipule times
              84 318I Delphin RIP
              87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

its also been covered 50 times a "EURO" 323i TO bearing, is the same as a 325i

and I seemed to have pedal resistance, i bleed it for 50 minutes pump, bleed, pump bleed etc

EDIT: pedal feels all good now, thanks victor and wishno
                Last edited by Matt-B; 05-07-2011, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                  Don't you have to use the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate that correspond with your transmission?
                  No, I used an e36 m3 fly/clutch/pp with my 260.

Comment

its also been covered 50 times a "EURO" 323i TO bearing, is the same as a 325i

and I seemed to have pedal resistance, i bleed it for 50 minutes pump, bleed, pump bleed etc

EDIT: pedal feels all good now, that victor and wishno
                    I didnt know that. When I did mine it was just called people just said 323 tob i was just going off memory.
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

yup, i was worried but double checked everything before buying motor, also I believe the 240 slave and 260 slave are the same part # for later cars

Comment

Can I play "what is it and where does it go" please?

So im a newb to M50 swaps, yesterday being the first day I got stuck into it.

I got this car as an unfinished project so its been a big mechanical jigsaw,

I have searched through this and many other threads but haven't had any joy. Nor with a E34 Bentley.

M50tuB25 in 318iS 1990

Pic 3,

A comes from the breather at the front of the valve cover, I am assuming this goes into the intake boot as it fits and length seems right
                        y or n

B and C both come from the throttle body, wtf are they supposed to go?

Pic 4,

A seems to come from the head? Any tips?

B is pushed onto the inlet mani but there is nothing on the back side of it and looks like another hose is supposed to push onto the back side of it.
                        Any tips?

M50 conversions are not any where near as popular here in Aus so there is not the wealth of knowledge that exists on here, so any help is greatly appreciated :)
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
                        first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Originally posted by DTM190 View Post
                          Can I play "what is it and where does it go" please?

So im a newb to M50 swaps, yesterday being the first day I got stuck into it.

I got this car as an unfinished project so its been a big mechanical jigsaw,

I have searched through this and many other threads but haven't had any joy. Nor with a E34 Bentley.

M50tuB25 in 318iS 1990

Pic 3,

A comes from the breather at the front of the valve cover, I am assuming this goes into the intake boot as it fits and length seems right
                          y or n

B and C both come from the throttle body, wtf are they supposed to go?

Pic 4,

A seems to come from the head? Any tips?

B is pushed onto the inlet mani but there is nothing on the back side of it and looks like another hose is supposed to push onto the back side of it.
                          Any tips?

M50 conversions are not any where near as popular here in Aus so there is not the wealth of knowledge that exists on here, so any help is greatly appreciated :)
                          Pic 3: You're right on A. B and C are for coolant recirc on the throttle body.

Pic 4: I think A is for the coolant spider hose. I think B is from the dipstick maybe? And it goes to the intake boot? Would be way easier to tell if the intake mani was off.

Comment

Thanks heaps Danny!
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
                            first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Yea, A in pic 3 goes to the hole on intake boot close to firewall

Comment

If your using all the M20 stuff, cant you use whatever TO Bearing was used with the M20 set up as well??
                                I'm piecing all this together right now as well.......

Comment

Working...
                                X