e34 or e36 engine harness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
    damn, we got the e34 harness... so there's no way the harness will reach the ecu in stock e30 location?
    Originally posted by BMWE30iS View Post
    Not to make you look dumb man, but i used a e34 harness for my m50 swap and the harness goes into the glove box with no issues and easily reaches.

Dan

Comment

Your US E34's must have different looms to ours in the UK then, I had to do this to my E34 loom

Ive now swapped to an M52B28 and the E36 loom just about reached to mount the ECU on the tray, but not square, had to hold it up with 2 bolts and a couple of cable ties on an angle slightly, UK ecu tray should be the same as your US tray
      I tried to fit an E34 ECU plug casing to the E36 loom so the ECU could be mounted 'back to front' on the tray, but the plugs are different for some reason.

Comment

Wow.... I just put the main/ fuel/ o2 sensor relay pack thing in the glovebox also... I even made the body grommet work for the e30 firewall... The only wire I pulled out was the thick 12v...

Comment

Hijack! will a silver label 402 ecu work with my nonvanos????

Comment

Search...

Comment

Originally posted by 318isbmw View Post
              Search...
              whore

Comment

Originally posted by Mot View Post
                honestly, e36 IS longer. I have used both and have a e34 harness on my car, sure zipties work, but with the e36 harness you can use the 91 318iS dme holder above the glovebox. With my e34 harness, its a huge pain to use the s14 wiring harness cover in the engine bay and have a clean above glovebox install....
                Hey, were both vanos , auto or manual?

I have an e36 bentley, but not an e34 and my harness is from a vanos 525i. Would you happen to know if the wiring on an e34 harness is the same as e36 harness?

Thanks!
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Just ordered e34 bentley, should be helpful maybe with m30 stuff if I go that route hehe
                  Last edited by Jean; 09-19-2008, 08:12 AM.
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by brandon11130 View Post
                    Hijack! will a silver label 402 ecu work with my nonvanos????
                    being as i searched the forums and google, i can't find out if the silver label 402 will work with an m50 non vanos swap. so the question is again, will the silver label 402 work with my m50 non vanos?

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Originally posted by anstead610 View Post
                      being as i searched the forums and google, i can't find out if the silver label 402 will work with an m50 non vanos swap. so the question is again, will the silver label 402 work with my m50 non vanos?
                      yes

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE30iS View Post
                        Not to make you look dumb man, but i used a e34 harness for my m50 swap and the harness goes into the glove box with no issues and easily reaches.

Dan
                        Same here.
                        The minor negative with my harness was that some of the sensor wires had different colour tracers, than any of the E34 ETMs.

m

Comment

Originally posted by DanThe View Post
                          Your US E34's must have different looms to ours in the UK then, I had to do this to my E34 loom

Ive now swapped to an M52B28 and the E36 loom just about reached to mount the ECU on the tray, but not square, had to hold it up with 2 bolts and a couple of cable ties on an angle slightly, UK ecu tray should be the same as your US tray
                          I tried to fit an E34 ECU plug casing to the E36 loom so the ECU could be mounted 'back to front' on the tray, but the plugs are different for some reason.
                          The relays on my E34 Auto loom are on the Left hand side of the engine bay by the relay/fuse box.

m

Comment

There's no chance of getting a standard US e34 ECU mounted in the glovebox the normal way... On a buddy's car, we mounted the m42 ecu brackets and m50 ecu backwards, so the harness wouldn't have to stretch as far. Worked alright...

My e36 harness works perfectly though

Comment

Working...
                            X