Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibration after M52 swap

Hi guys,

I just finished swapping my 1990 sedan with M52B28 motor from a M40B18 4 pot. Currently I'm running all stock setup, meaning M52 stock internals with E34 stock engine mounts. I'm currently using E36 gearbox. However, I installed PU bushings for gearbox and diff mounts.

Now, I do notice a little vibration especially when the is now under load and the engine is warm. Not sure where the vibration is from. It's quite hard to tell. Can the vibration caused by the PU mounts?

Yes.

And it can also come from some part of the engine, gearbox or exhaust touching some part of the body or frame. Intake manifold to brake booster and exhaust downpipe to frame are the first places to look.

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
      Yes.

And it can also come from some part of the engine, gearbox or exhaust touching some part of the body or frame. Intake manifold to brake booster and exhaust downpipe to frame are the first places to look.
      I checked and nothing is touching the body fortunately. Everything seems to fall into place nicely, well apart from the electric radiator fan which only has about half an inch gap between it and the engine

Comment

I've also had vibration caused by a worn guibo, center support bearing or center u-joint.

Comment

Driveshaft vibration damper? Do you still have one?
          2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
          1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
          1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Working...
          X