Criticism needed on safety wire job for oil pump nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Criticism needed on safety wire job for oil pump nut

I decided to safety wire my S50US oil pump nut instead of welding it. I am just looking for some feedback on my safety wire job - any criticism welcome!

Would anyone suggest that I bend the pigtail in half (this section where the red arrow is pointing) or leave this as is? Most people say to bend the pigtail in half so that it doesn't catch skin or clothes, but I don't think that's really a concern here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	9926281

Thanks in advance!

Looks good bud. No need but don’t take my word for it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, coming from a guy that's done about ten million safeties, I'd say it looks just fine. If your wraps aren't too tight and there are no major tooling marks in the wire, there's no need to risk pre-stressing the wire. Bent pigtails mainly save you from getting stabbed or cut by it, which as you've said, isn't likely to be an issue.

Comment

I agree that the wraps are a little tight. (But it probably will work just fine.)

I may be a little bit picky from a job I had many years ago as the supervisor of a group of aircraft mechanics who assembled aircraft engines.

Comment

Working...
        X