Cars that came with 3.25 Differential?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars that came with 3.25 Differential?

Hello, I have been reading for quite a while in the forums about differential options for the same setup I have.

My setup is S52, ZF 320z trans, e36 driveshaft, and my decision was to go with the 3.25 LSD differential (I still don't have it). I am having trouble finding a list of all bmws that had a 3.25 LSD differential that fits the e30.

This site really helps but the information is limited https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/index.php/Differential

My questions are:

1.What cars came with the 3.25 LSD that bolts right on the e30?

2.Is there a big difference between the 3.23 and the 3.25 differential?

Thank you in advance :)

All US E28 535i's had a 3.25 ratio medium case differential (and possibly some of the late 528e's with the "super eta" engine - though I cannot confirm this fact). Some were open and some were LSD's depending on how the car was ordered - you would need to check the diff tag or look for the "S" paint stamp on the top of the casing.

You will need to swap the diff cover and drive flanges from your E30 diff into the E28 diff for proper fitment.

MJ

Comment

You won't notice 3.23 to 3.25 difference. Even 4.10 to 3.73 is only like 500rpm or something.

The e24's also came with them, just like the e28, both situations require the e30 diff cover and axle stubs.

john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
        All US E28 535i's had a 3.25 ratio medium case differential (and possibly some of the late 528e's with the "super eta" engine - though I cannot confirm this fact). Some were open and some were LSD's depending on how the car was ordered - you would need to check the diff tag or look for the "S" paint stamp on the top of the casing.

You will need to swap the diff cover and drive flanges from your E30 diff into the E28 diff for proper fitment.

MJ

Thank you for the information.

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        You won't notice 3.23 to 3.25 difference. Even 4.10 to 3.73 is only like 500rpm or something.

The e24's also came with them, just like the e28, both situations require the e30 diff cover and axle stubs.
        Ohh I see, I might even run the 4.1 LSD that I have until I get the 3.25 or 3.23.

Comment

Working...
        X