Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKP relay removal

Hello

Can anyone provide details to remove the black EKP relay from the e46 m3 harness and use a regular relay like on the euro m3. Does anything need to be changed on the ecu?

thanks

As far as coding, the EKP is set to run at 100% duty anyway....
    No coding changes needed....

Comment

Hello.

That link shows two fuel pump relays. I only have the EKP Are you supposed to have two relays?

I swapped wires on the EKP relay and wired them to a black Bosch 4 pin relay.

Pin 1 to pin 4 fuel pump shuts off after prime in position 2, then relay starts clicking rapidly while fuel pump/car runs. Turn car off fuel pump shuts off immediately.

Pin 7 to pin 4 fuel pump runs constantly in position 2 before start. Start car it runs. Turn car off fuel pump continues to run and shuts off 20 seconds later.

What gives? Does one have to use a different relay, Green 5 pin? Change parameters in the ECU/ flash euro tune?Euro tune I wouldn't even no where to took to find them online. Just read about them on different forums.

Is there a way to just remove this relay all together. I have separate aftermarket relay harnesses for the fuel pumps and would like to use a wire from main ecu harness to trigger them if possible.

Ultimately would like to have the fuel pump relays to operate normally. Meaning shut off after prime and shut off immediately after shut down and not make excessive relay clicking noises.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Reference the "OR" between the EKP or Fuel Pump relays. Use one or the other.....

Comment

Working...
        X