• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZF320 + M54 Slave Engagement

Items used

M54B30 - Year Unknown

ZF320/310 - 226 2101-3 is what is on the driver side of the trans

Valeo - Single Mass Flywheel/Clutch Kit - BMW Flywheel Conversion Kit - Valeo 52401225

E46 - Slave

E36 M3 - Slave

ToB - Came with Kit

Fork - Came with trans

Pivot Pin - Came with trans

---- Tried both slaves and they are soft/not properly building pressure --- Bled many of weekends

Unsure where to go with this and Im trying to help my shop as much as possible to get this fixed.

I know the slave needs to match the transmission, but with the ZF 5 speed it came in 2 generations and we tried both.

Considering we swapped in a SMF over the Dual, maybe that could be the issue? Also is there a certain ToB/Fork/Pivot Pin I should use, E46 ToB, Fork, Pin or E36 etc.

Any help would be much appreicated.

Thanks

Last edited by IncogutheIII; 03-08-2023, 10:43 AM.

The valeo kit came with a throw out bearing, why did you not use it? Is the TO bearing the same height as the one that came on the trans? Is the clutch fork the same between the m52 and m54 Zf trans applications?

Comment

So after some research, we need the Valeo 524012250 not the 1225. FCP is stating that Valeo has now superseded the 1220 kit with 1225. ECS states the kits are still separate and the 1225 wont work with my 330i. Trying to find what exactly is different between the two. I believe its the throwout bearing length, but Im unsure.

And we did originally use all of the parts that came with the Valeo kit. I purchased the OEM ToB for comparison after. Clutch fork is the same across alot of chassis. ​

Comment

Originally posted by IncogutheIII View Post
        So after some research, we need the Valeo 524012250 not the 1225. FCP is stating that Valeo has now superseded the 1220 kit with 1225. ECS states the kits are still separate and the 1225 wont work with my 330i. Trying to find what exactly is different between the two. I believe its the throwout bearing length, but Im unsure.

And we did originally use all of the parts that came with the Valeo kit. I purchased the OEM ToB for comparison after. Clutch fork is the same across alot of chassis. ​
        Rockauto will list measurements on some parts. I looked up a 2002 330i clutch release bearing and one of them has measurements: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...t=1968&jsn=897

You can compare what you have to this. Maybe use their site to find what you need?

Comment

Hey thanks! Ended up going with the LuK DMF set up. Stack was longer in length and allowed the slave to not extending so far.

Now, a new issue is clutch pedal randomly sticks to the floor, along with a weird high engine idle and spongy brake pedal feel haha.

Comment

Originally posted by IncogutheIII View Post
            Now, a new issue is clutch pedal randomly sticks to the floor
            The clutch pedal should have a spring (#19) that helps assist it back up. Does yours have that?
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X