S54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54

Local Craigslist ad for dude parting a 2001 e46M3. The whole car is $7000, he said he'd let the 111k mile S54 and 6 speed go for "maybe $3500".

They're getting cheaper by the day. I'm tempted...

hmmm just do it, have the ecu checked for over-rev though. The Ecu does not dump data unless reflashed.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Looks like he ran it without the oil cap.

Comment

If you do it, I'll buy your M54 swap :)

Comment

a local junkyard here in tampa was selling an s54 with tranny for 2300 last week!

Comment

do eeeeeeet
            Originally posted by Bene
            my eta is making a kind of high pitched bird-like sound, like a bunch of retarded cockatiels nesting in the intake manifold.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
              a local junkyard here in tampa was selling an s54 with tranny for 2300 last week!
              And you didn't buy it?!
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Problems with the ECU and all (integrated EWS and errthang) mean the swap will be quite expensive, amirite?

Comment

ya but theres standalone options. IIRC some one on bfc was working out a cheaper way to do the swap. Theres also a S50B32 harness the works if modified from what I read on here.
                  84 318I Delphin RIP
                  87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                  89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

hoveringuy - get it!
                    I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                    2875-C Towerview Road
                    Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                      And you didn't buy it?!
                      nah the time is not right for me to be buying more engines. i also dont like buying them from junkyards, esp. an s54 that i wouldnt have the cash to rebuild. there will be more

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                        Problems with the ECU and all (integrated EWS and errthang) mean the swap will be quite expensive, amirite?
                        With a little signal conditioning the 413 would theoretically work just fine.

Comment

Does anyone have the factory training manuals (mostly engine) for the E46 M3? I need something to read in the bathroom.

Originally posted by whysimon
                          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                            Figure it out!

That would be insane.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                              DO IT!!!!! :hitler:
                              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X