Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info on m54 swap (using orig ECU)

Hey all,
    A mate is about to swap a m54b30 in but wants to keep the ms43 or 45 management, can it be done?

Hes happy to have the ecu flashed for EWS delete but are there any other inputs the ecu needs and will winge about?

i figure

pedalbox + sensors on the pedalbox for drive by wire
    Chassis harness connector and all other chassis side plugs the ecu harness goes into
    Cluster (most likely wont be used but is it needed for the car to run?)
    ews
    ews harness
    keys
    ignition module for ews

any other info would be great

and if you know of a place where we can send the ecu to be flashed to fuck off any other requirements (i.e. ews or can stuff) let us know

we are not really interested in running m50 managment with the seatle circuits vanos board as it becomes quiet costly, due to us needing to purchase another whole motor just to get those bits (no m50's at yards). We also understand flashing the stuff out could cost quite a bit but would be worth it.

going into a 88 325is

thanks
    RIP 84 323i coupe 5spd w/ 14psi
    89' 318i

bump

I am also very interested in this!
    Does anyone have any info?
    sigpic

Comment

There's a third option you should consider.

Comment

Market Motorworks has told me they are able to reflash the ECU, so the EWS parts (harness, ignition, keys....) are not necessary. As far as I can see this is how many S54 swaps are done, so it does happen. As for the cost of the reflash; I haven't gotten that far as I'm still working on getting my M54B30, I'm also not interested in running it OBDI.
        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
        Originally posted by mbonanni
        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

OBDI is for nubs

Comment

Megasquirt FTW.

Comment

Working...
            X