No announcement yet.

S54 Swap Modifications Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is planning on doing this and looking forward to some winter specials?

Comment

I am. But seriously though. As soon as you offer a winter special deal, my money will become your money.
      '84 325e - "Elizabeth"
      '87 325e (SHELL) - "Sleeping Beauty" - COMPLETE PROJECT PART-OUT - S54, 5-LUG, and MORE

sigpic

Comment

Iam waiting on for it.

Thanks for doing somethig like this. I seen guys go to local shops and they spend on more then they need to on machining and welding, that just dont come out right the first time. Its good to have something that is a good direct fit.

Comment

Im ready, just got my S54

Comment

Originally posted by TinyT View Post
            Who is planning on doing this and looking forward to some winter specials?
            I've been thinking on an s54 swap on my e34 535i. What would be some

of the obstacle i may encouter on this swap with the oil pan? and what do you recomend to use for oil pan mod if any?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jrods View Post
              I've been thinking on an s54 swap on my e34 535i. What would be some

of the obstacle i may encouter on this swap with the oil pan? and what do you recomend to use for oil pan mod if any?

thanks
              For an E34 you would use the standard E34 24V oil pan.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                For an E34 you would use the standard E34 24V oil pan.
                to clarify your statement the m50 oil pan bolts rite up to the s54 block.

thanks

Comment

yeah, but the point of this whole subframe mod thread is you don't have to use the low-hanging single-sump pan and M50 oil pump. I'd think that would apply to the E34 but the custom subframe doesn't exist.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Hey guys, anyone getting ready for spring and need some modifications? Based on how much interest there is I can put together some packages and better pricing!

Comment

i am interested but was waiting to find out what the pricing was with the exhaust. and if a package deal would be provided with that. what are you thinking for subframe and oil pan mod prices?
                      '84 325e - "Elizabeth"
                      '87 325e (SHELL) - "Sleeping Beauty" - COMPLETE PROJECT PART-OUT - S54, 5-LUG, and MORE

sigpic

Comment

Great Product! Thanks Tyler :)

Btw, I have a extra subframe for anyone interested in doing this so you don't have to drop yours to get modified.

Ham

Comment

Can this work with an M52/S52 with its stock e36 oil pan in an e30?
                          Wondering because it would allow you to use the stock pan that it already on the engine without having to buy an expensive e34 pan and do the necessary modifications for it. More importantly it would result in much less risk of cracking the oil pan since the lowest point would be located much farther back. Not sure about track performance and oil pickup ability on long turns but I would assume the e36 pan would be superior to the e34 pan.
                          Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

I have done several of those already! I do them the same as the s54 mods, just extend the pickup a bit to clear the notch.

Thanks for the post Ham!

Comment

I used to have a thread about that but I'm not sure where it went. Any opinions on where to promote the S/M 50/52 mods?

Comment

Any further work on the header?

Comment

Working...
                                X