No announcement yet.

S54 Swap Modifications Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be ready no later than March 1. Finally getting caught up with other projects.

Comment

Originally posted by TinyT View Post
      I have done several of those already! I do them the same as the s54 mods, just extend the pickup a bit to clear the notch.

Thanks for the post Ham!
      I used to have a thread about that but I'm not sure where it went. Any opinions on where to promote the S/M 50/52 mods?
      Post it in the m50/52 s50/52 forum. I think you could get a ton more business if you promoted this more. I just realized that it's in your sig but I never saw a thread for it or anything. I'm sure many people would be interested in it, especially because of how many people are breaking e34 oil pans. We could probably even get enough for a group buy. I have some questions about it though.
      How does the weight and strength compare to the stock subframe?
      If the fitment is even very slightly off it would have a big affect on suspension geometry with the steering rack and control arms, how close is the fitment to stock - to the centimeter, to the millimeter?
      What do you do to the e36 oil pan? Any pics of it? How close does the pan come to your subframe, and how close to the sway bar? Any other issues?
      Thanks.
      Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised.

The fitment is exact to stock. My jig is made out of a 36" by 10" by 1.5" thick slab of steel. The location of the factory ends never changes, as well as the steering rack. This has been verified on alignment racks. There is no change. Tolerance is a few thousandths.

The subframe is considerably stronger than the original. I use .120 wall tubing and gusset it to the stock subframe end. I weld in the motor mount doubling plates on the inside, and then box in the opening. I inspect the subframe ends for any flaws after sandblasting and repair them.

I can make the rack mounts fit the e36 m or z racks (smaller mounting height) or the standard e30 rack height. No need for spacers.

I weld on new 1/4" sway bar tabs off the front and you just flip the sway bar.

The oil pans are fully welded inside and out. This creates a very strong weld.

Unfortunately due to the construction of the pans, it does not allow me to do a simple (cost effective) bump out. So you lose about a quart of oil capacity. I have not heard of any issues with this.

The pan and subframe fit about the same as the s54 does. Plenty of clearance to one another. I mock each one up on an engine before it leaves the door.

I only have a picture of the pan, I cant locate one in the mock up stage.

Comment

i am interested in a e30 IX / S54 franken-pan also with possible additions of dry oil sump plugs ??!?

PM me

Comment

Just wanted to say that Tyler does a great job, my subframe slid right into my track e30 without any fighting or further modification.

I will send pics when s54 is comfortably resting!

a

Comment

Originally posted by anaphe View Post
              Just wanted to say that Tyler does a great job, my subframe slid right into my track e30 without any fighting or further modification.

I will send pics when s54 is comfortably resting!

a
              Just saw this, thank you!!

Ill stop making promises about the header, but it is nearing a release. Ill inform you guys immediately when Im ready to go!

But in the meantime I can still do subframe/pan mods :D

Comment

I just bolted this motor in, I can attest to a perfect fit and perfect fitting pan, Thanks Tyler!

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
                  I just bolted this motor in, I can attest to a perfect fit and perfect fitting pan, Thanks Tyler!

what Intake box is that? nice work btw

Comment

It's an old HorsepowerFreaks manifold I had laying around. I'm just using it for test fitting,

Comment

Thank you for posting John! I am glad to see you working on the car!

Comment

What intake manifold is that? Looks similar to an HPF turbo one.
                        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

It's an old HorsepowerFreaks manifold I had laying around. I'm just using it for test fitting,
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^ yeah what he said lol... Yeah it's an HPF manifold for some test fitting. I'm sure Tyler's products are stout and to prove it I'm gonna put about 800whp down to prove his stuff is solid!

Comment

Thank you for posting John! I am glad to see you working on the car!
                              Literally just started working in it when I posted, my car rolled into that lift about 6 hours before that pic was posted

Comment

If I get some whiskey in me on a borking night I may swap turbos out of it and go after 1k-ish whp

Comment

Working...
                                X