another lost S54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another lost S54

My pocketbook isn't liking this. First motor was an MZ4 that I figured didn't need rod bolts replaced....wrong. Motor let go at VIR. Replacement motor got all new ARP harware and coated bearings. Machine shop that did the bottom end work didn't torque the main nuts properly on the oil tubes brackets and they fell off and rattled around took out everything. Time for another new motor.

ouch!

what are you reving it to?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

So what does the machine shop have to say about it
      Are they going to take any of the blame? Or is there no warranty on the rebuild or any policy on that sort of thing..
      Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
          So what does the machine shop have to say about it
          Are they going to take any of the blame? Or is there no warranty on the rebuild or any policy on that sort of thing..
          Emailes them pics last night. Will followup with a phone call today.

Comment

they didnt lock tite and torque spec the Oil squirters??? guarenteed DEATH!!!!!

any photos of the carnage?
            OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Wow, you should definitely go after the machine shop, as it was inherently there fault this happened! :hitler:

Time to follow Jason and do an LS.... :twisted:
              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

main stud nuts not torqued...looks like I am going to eat cost of rebuild.

No LS, can't run NASA GTS or BMW CCA with LS.

Comment

8200.... That seems realllly high?

Comment

Stock motor can handle more revs from what I have been told. The motor supposedly keeps making power to around 8800. Don't quote me on that I haven't seen it with my own eyes

Comment

Originally posted by ELIXIR View Post
                      8200.... That seems realllly high?
                      It's not. Street s54's pull happy to 8400, one can push it as much as the wallet can support, I wish I could afford to go for 8,888 rpm redline!
                      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Might be time for some safety wire on some of these bolts. Prevent them from backing out.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I don't think you need to safety wire a main cap bolt - it should have been torqued properly. :p
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Found
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                            X