M54 MAF Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M54 MAF Problem?

I broke the plastic screen portion of the MAF after I dropped the MAF. I took all the plastic screen out with an exacto, so I wouldn't have any stray plastic sucked into the motor. I'm thinking it's the fact that I dropped the MAF, or the fact that the screen is broken and causing some sort of air diffusion problems so it can't read correctly.

could either of those two things cause a High MAF input code?

It acts like a vacuum leak but I can't find a leak anywhere. The m54 (in an e46, not swapped) is supercharged with a VF kit and I've taken it apart and put it back together again a few times but I can't figure out where the hell the vacuum leak could be. I don't have many BMW guys in my area (that I know of) and I can't get ahold of a MAF that I could swap in.

Any ideas?

Dave

I know that the MAF can be hyper-sensitive to small disturbances in the local airflow, but I can't image the lack of screen would cause it to run that poorly.

I think you need to find someone that will let you swap MAFs to troubleshoot.

Comment

Which side screen was broken? I could imagine if it was the intake side it could have noticeable effect.

'93 Daytonaviolett Touring Design Edition

Comment

Working...
      X