S54 no start issue---resolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 no start issue---resolved

So i haven't driven the car for like 5 months and battery was drained.

Previous owner installed remote power lock/unlock therefore i couldn't Get into the trunk for the battery.
    I connected jumper cables to ground and positive to starter to unlock the car. I accidentally touched both terminals and the starter started cranking but I didn't let it start the motor completely.

Anyway, I jumped the battery then went to fire up the car, no start. Cranks but doesn't start.

I have fuel in my tank, fuel pump works, aftermarket regulator shows over 3.5 bar at startup and over 5 bar when the key is put to ON position.

When I spray starter fluid, it fires up but then dies. I pulled and checked injectors and they tested fine. But not spraying into engine. Maybe DME bad?

I'm going to check if I'm getting signal to injector connector when I get home.
    Also will check the ground at the starter. Otherwise I'm running out of ideas.

Anyone?
    Last edited by rubix_cube12; 02-03-2015, 02:56 PM.

Do you have ews still? Any fault codes stored in dme or ews? Blown fuse for dme? Just a few thoughts.

Comment

I'm currently trying to figure out if I have any relays/fuses that are bad. Although I've went through the fuses already.

As far as ews, the car ran last I drove it. But that was like 5 months ago or so. So I'm not sure it would be an ews issue. Unless anyone thinks otherwise.

I'll check all the fuses again and make sure the relays are working properly

I checked the injector plugs today and I'm not getting any signal. I'm thinking something with DME....? No???

Comment

What kind of car is it? Is it a swapped E30? It could be so many different things, so it's really hard for anyone to help you diagnose it remotely. I would make a list of everything you can think of and just go through it one by one, starting with checking the codes like 325es54 said.
        Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

It's a swapped e30 m3.
          I've wired the obd plug in the harness but have yet to scan with an actual bmw diagnostic. A regular obd scanner has nothing coming up.

Checked ground and all looks fine. Just not receiving any signal to the injectors.

Comment

I would guess a fuse/relay but like Andrew said on a swap car there could be so many factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had checked the fuses. I had a fog light fuse burnt out. I replaced it. Otherwise all is well.
              I'm going to test a couple relays tomorrow. Hoping it's just a relay...

Comment

You have EWS deleted or are you still retaining EWS?

Check Us out on Facebook
                Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                Full Product Line Tuning
                OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                  You have EWS deleted or are you still retaining EWS?
                  No it has been flashed. Is there a way it can perhaps re-activate itself?

Comment

Shouldnt be.

Check Us out on Facebook
                    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                    Full Product Line Tuning
                    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Relays are working fine.
                      I'm gonna get a shop to run a scan on the DME.

Comment

My mistake. I checked to see if the relay was working and it was. But I didn't check with a voltmeter. With the voltmeter, it was only putting out 4 volts .Replaced that and fired right up.

Got the DME scanned and ews is indeed deleted. No codes come up.

Comment

Working...
                        X