X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 Into e30 Swap : Idle Synchronization via DIS

Hello Experts!

First of all... happy holidays to all!

i kinda have a problem, i have a s54 into my e30 m3 race car, tune done by Frank Smith, everything is OK... BUT, i want to do an idle synchro because I've changed tips, etc.

The big problem is, that when i hit Next on DIS, it says "pilot conditions not met"

conditions are:

- Engine Idling for 5 minutes - Check
    - Run Engine at Idle - Check
    - Coolant Temperature > 80 C - Check
    - All Additional Loads OFF( Ac/ Lights) - don't have that connected to the DME
    - No relevant faults in DME - Only fault is EWS, but its because of the Swap
    - Intake air Temp between 20 and 60 - Im running alpha N, with IAT, guess its OK
    - Oxygen Sensor control active - both sensors are working
    - sufficient level in tank - Don't know how to check this, as i don't have the OEM cluster, just the MSS54 Ecu..

please, do you suggest something? i really need to perform this procedure

THANKS!!

anyone :(

Comment

There are quite a few knowledgeable people on m3forum.net, which I see you've already posted on.

I would post in the general E46 M3 subforum there, and ask the same question. There are a lot of weird problems with an Alpha-N tunes, it seems. I hope you get things sorted out!

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

thanks buddy

Comment

I don't think you will be able to do it if it requires the minimum tank level, since obviously you don't have an E46 fuel level sensor.

However, it doesn't matter - because any changes to idle you make are only temporary - it doesn't alter the permanent map. If you want to change the idle speed you need to have the idle speed map adjusted with the tune. it has to be flashed.

also, frank should have deleted the EWS error code along with any other spurious codes. If you have him adjust the idle speed he could delete that at the same time.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ews is not present, but there is a ews code there always present. It doesnt affecr anything tough.

Ive changed both tps and pedal, thats why i want to sync it... Any idea on how to get that fuel signal to the ecu? Its CAN i think

Comment

I don't think it's CAN. There appears to be a potentiometer in the E46 fuel tank.

It reads .311 ohms when full and .070 ohms when empty.

Originally posted by whysimon
              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Yep

but that signal goes to the cluster, and the cluster itself connects via CAN to the ecu (think so...)

Comment

That is true but what are you trying to accomplish? Any changes to idle speed you make will not be permanent.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

just trying to sync the throttle, since i changed every component from the electric throttle.. i though it was a good idea to sync everything together...

Comment

The throttles are physically locked together.. It should learn the throttle stops on its own.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                      X