S54 swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gobuffs View Post
    I though D'Sylva was able to program out the EWS on the S54 ECU?

Comment

Is this just a rumor or is it fact?

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
        Sigh. I'm financially committed to another project ...........Maybe later this year--WAY later.
        hey fred. if you wait another 6-8 months, you might have a partner in crime. next fall im most likely building a daily driver......im pretty sure it will be the s54. time will tell. cheers, jason

Comment

:up: Sounds good!

Perusing car-part.com it seems like S54s are getting slightly more available and slightly cheaper. Hopefully I can grab one locally so I can take all of the EWS parts with it.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B. View Post
            Is this just a rumor or is it fact?
            You talkin' to me? My post is a question...so I don't know if it is a rumor or a fact.

Comment

later this year :)

Comment

Yeah, I've got some stuff brewing for the S54 also.

MS41 and MS42 first. Then I'll tackle the tough stuff.

Comment

So has anyone on these boards run the evosport hardwire aem they offer?

Its listed at $3495. on their web site, thats too expensive for me to warrant the benefits of an s54 swap, but many of you have much deeper pockets

Is the price the only thing thats scaring people away? Or are their other compatibility setbacks to running this option?

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                    Well, maybe in 2009 I'll try something like this, when you can buy an S54 on a street corner for around $4500. :mrgreen:

Well, it's 2k9, and it's not on the street corner, but close. :mrgreen:

Comment

start reading:

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post

You didn't read this thread, did you? That was brought up on page one.

Comment

no i didnt. when >1year old threads are bumped i tend to only pay attention to the recent posts... sorry!

Comment

No problem. The just of this thread was trying to figure out how to do it in a manner not the same as mite36 guy.

Comment

Originally posted by evangreen View Post
                              So has anyone on these boards run the evosport hardwire aem they offer?

Its listed at $3495. on their web site, thats too expensive for me to warrant the benefits of an s54 swap, but many of you have much deeper pockets

Is the price the only thing thats scaring people away? Or are their other compatibility setbacks to running this option?
                              i dont doubt that anyone in this subforum would love an s54 e30, but for one you really cant use the stock computer (but if you want to, see the link i posted), and two, any standalone engine management that can handle an s54 to it's full potential (DBW, twin variable VANOS, etc) is $$$$$$$$

Comment

I can sorta do dual variable VANOS, but doing it on the M54 and S54 are two different things. The S54 has a larger range of motion, much higher VANOS oil pressure, more control solenoids, more teeth on the cam wheels. Response time is measured in 1/10 second, I'm happy with 3/4.

Comment

Working...
                                X