Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which "Center Support Bearing" for "early model" E30 w/ M54 swap? (two options)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone, I am trying to figure out which CSB to use for my swap into my 10/86 325es that is getting an M54B30 w/ ZHP 6spd.

The E30 changed its DriveShaft in late 87, and the CSB along with it, so there are two CSB options, an early and a late model, but I don't know if the CSB corresponds to the early/late BODY or the early/late DS. I am half guessing the body/mount-point did not change, and it corresponds to the DS change, so that would mean I want the late model CSB to work with the E36 DS, but that is just a guess.

I already figured out the front section from a Z4 M/S54 6spd Manual and the rear section from an E36 M3 Automatic (or a number of E36 Automatics), but I am struggling to find clarity on which E30 CSB to use. If I was putting this into an 88+, this would be no problem, because I would use a "late model" CSB, but everywhere I look everyone just says "use an E30 CSB", not which combo of early/late etc...

Help/Guidance with this would be greatly appreciated!

The body changed. So you'd want the early support bearing. If you haven't already figured it out...

...he says for those who search later.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
    X