Reverse light switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse light switch

Do I Swap the e30 switch into the sd320z trans and connect it to the e30 body harness or retain the sd320z tans switch and connect it to the m54 harness? There is already a connector on the m54 harness for this switch but not sure if that would work. Any input is appreciated.

I'm pretty sure it's just a switch, so you can use the one on the new transmission. That's what I was planning to do on mine. I'm not sure about where the switch goes on the M54 harness, but I don't think it's needed. You probably want to take a look thrithe wiring diagrams before taking my word for it though.

If you want the reverse lights to work you definitely need to hook it up to the e30 chassis wiring where the original one went.

Comment

It is a simple switch, so I just used the E30 harness since it's already there. I swapped to the later clip on style connector so I could use it with the later style switch on my S52 swap. I don't see why you'd want to complicate things by using the M54 harness for the reverse light. Either way, you'll have to tap into the E30 wiring which is right there by the shifter.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
      X