Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 e30 swap DME wiring pinout

Hi guys my name is Dean and I'm from South Africa
    i am busy with a S54 swap into my E30 coupe and i would like to know if any of you guys have a detailed pin out wiring diagram for the MSS54 DME that you would be willing to share

Even though I sold my S54 swap, I also want to write up a wiring DIY with part numbers....but here is what we have right now:

It is out of date, but I would like to draw up a wiring diagram like my other DIYs....

Otherwise to make it easy, buy Andrews wiring harness from the stickies in this sub-forum.

Comment

Thanks for that R3Z3N , i will have a look at what you sent

Comment

The link that R3Z3N provided contains basically all the wiring info needed to get your engine running, provided you have some basic knowledge of electrical circuits. I created my own harness from scratch, using mainly the information provided in that thread, along with plenty of time searching realoem, and reading M3F and the WDS. I would strongly suggest that you get a copy of the BMW WDS, I got one on eBay for around $10 that runs on a virtual machine on a a PC. There is also a free android version but it is much more difficult to navigate. The WDS contains all of the factory wiring documentation for the E46 M3 (as well as numerous other BMWs), and then you can use the E30 ETK to start matching things up and making sense of it all.

I'm working on a document (with help from R3Z3N) that covers nearly everything you need to know in order to wire up an E30 S54 swap. It's still a work in progress, but nearly all the key info is there. I can send you a copy now if you are interested, I think the plan is for R3Z3N to eventually host it on his website along with all the MSS54 coding information he has compiled.

Comment

Yup, I'll put the info on github under the swap pages, and get one stickied here. I will probably start a thread here that we can crowdsource some of the work, clean it up, and get something stickied... I want to make backups should the forum disappear too...like m3forum did NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
            Even though I sold my S54 swap, I also want to write up a wiring DIY with part numbers....but here is what we have right now:

It is out of date, but I would like to draw up a wiring diagram like my other DIYs....

Otherwise to make it easy, buy Andrews wiring harness from the stickies in this sub-forum.
            thanks for the help and advise , I really appreciate it
            I could you PM you my email address and maybe you could send it to me it would help me a lot
            I am actually busy with R3Z3n guide to code out what it not is not needed on the DME

Comment

Thanks for the PM, sent you the doc. What year is your e30, and what vehicle/market did your s54 and wiring harness come from? RHD/LHD, Euro, USA, SMG, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by R3VM3UP View Post
                Thanks for the PM, sent you the doc. What year is your e30, and what vehicle/market did your s54 and wiring harness come from? RHD/LHD, Euro, USA, SMG, etc?
                My e30 is 1990 and RHD and the S54 and wiring came from a Euro RHD manual Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay cool, I'm not very familiar with RHD E30s or E46s but I think you'll have an easier time getting the wiring to reach the glovebox. Have you seen the guide on flipping the harness around in the black box under the intake manifold to make it longer?

Since you have a manual harness that eliminates some extra work of deleting all the SMG stuff like I had to do.

Comment

yes i have seen the guide to flip the harness around , i doubt that i will need to do that though

Comment

Working...
                    X