Ecu Limp mode delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecu Limp mode delete

So 10 years ago I completed a e30 s54 swap using the original wireing and ecu. Car starts drives Ok, stomp on the pedal and sure enough when I get to 4500rpm or so car falls into limp mode so I coast, turn her off and start again. Cars been in storage for 10 years I heard in the past I'll need some kind of ecu deleting. My question is where to get that done and how much is this costing now. Price was crazy 10 years ago. Thanks for any leads and info guys.

Most of this is open source these days and is more DIY approachable for very little cost. Check out the sticky topics.

I've done this myself, and can provide some guidance if you need help. I opted to put the DME in z3m mode and it seems to be okay for me but I have not tested it extensively.

Do you have the OBD port wired in to your car? If you did all this 10 years ago, I suspect you have the know how to get this working but I'd be happy to help if you need more guidance.

Comment

Thanks for the reply .I do believe the obd is wired to the car . Never heard of zm3 mode but if it gets this thing from falling into limp mode Every time I push it, I'm in. I'm not to computer savy and reading sticky's talk on these files and programs is like a different language to me. As you said you already did this, where did you start? Really appreciate your help & and knowledge on this one. Cool.

Comment

is probably in the above link...

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by prezzaman View Post
          Thanks for the reply .I do believe the obd is wired to the car . Never heard of zm3 mode but if it gets this thing from falling into limp mode Every time I push it, I'm in. I'm not to computer savy and reading sticky's talk on these files and programs is like a different language to me. As you said you already did this, where did you start? Really appreciate your help & and knowledge on this one. Cool.
          The main tools you'll need are:

​​​​​​OBD to USB K/D CAN cable ~$20 on amazon/ebay
          MSSflasher (~$50) or bmwflash (free)
          Properly wired OBD port
          Tunerpro
          Access to the mss54 github (linked in the sticky)
          hexedit

Watch the videos that R3ZEN posted in his sticky to get a basic understanding of what you're trying to accomplish, you'll probably have tons of questions but that's okay. Shoot me a PM and I can help walk you through some of this stuff if you need.

Comment

Good to have bm brothers. Will try and get it all together and get this baby rolling like she should. Will be asking questions for sure. Thanks for replys.

Comment

Working...
            X