The E60 had an M54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The E60 had an M54

Things I'd never twigged- they stuffed the M54 into the bangle-butt 5er for a couple of years. And it has some different parts to it,
    such as a plug for one of the water outlets on the head, a solid aluminum radiator, and the reservoir mounted on the hot side
    of the engine.

Y'all probably knew this, but it made my whole junkyard day on Tuesday.

I have not yet measured to see how the radiator does not fit into an E30, but it's on my list of things to do.

t
    Sometimes you learn things in a junkyard, sonny.
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

I'd been looking into the e60 radiator as an option for my e30 M30 as they are very thin, all aluminium and readily available. With the radiators I was looking at, to get it to fit you'd need to modify the end tanks to fit around the chassis rails (or notch the chassis rails near the radiator support, which probably isn't the best idea). It would give extra room over the usual e28 radiator in the swap though, and likely allow the fitting of a clutch fan.
    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't fit, since everyone wasn't doing it already ;)

But it LOOKS so COOL!

heh.
      t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
      X