Vintage N52 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
    Nice work, you could probably sell those as an e30 fitment manifold. Curious how power output compares without the 3 stage intake.
    I am hoping this lands somewhere between 3 stage and N54. It sounds like the 3 stage is the best street manifold there is, but I would prefer not to go boosterless. The other power options (ibooster and remote pump) haven't quite been sorted yet.

Generically the runner length determines torque and power range. Short runners are better for high RPM HP, but don't make any torque down low and long runners and better for low end torque at the expense of RPM range.

Just generalities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Runner length for comparison. N54 vs N52 (non-dual DISA).

Adapter for the valve cover breather.

Comment

Beauty shots

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
          Beauty shots
          I love the simplicity!

Both the N54 and DISA intakes have little wiring distribution "crab' boxes that you're not going to have, so think about where you can tuck that. Not having it attached to the intake manifold will make removing the intake trivial, which is pretty frickin' easy already with the injectors being in the head.

I need to figure-out how to remove the vacuum pump altogether since I have unboosted brakes now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	10119376

Comment

You're a wizard Adam!
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post

I need to figure-out how to remove the vacuum pump altogether since I have unboosted brakes now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	10119376

I've seen people use a freeze plug of the right size to plug that hole on PI converted N54s.
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post

I've seen people use a freeze plug of the right size to plug that hole on PI converted N54s.
                Well, I do have mine plugged, but the entire assy is integral to the oil pump drive and I can't just unbolt that unit because it has a chain sprocket. Also, I think that's where the HPFP is driven on the N54....

Comment

I wonder if a n20 oil pump drive could be used to eliminate the vacuum pump gear. I will have to take a look at the n55 I have on the stand sometime

Comment

Working...
                  X