what are my options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are my options?

hey guys semi new to the e30/ ix scene. and had a few questions. first of all i know i have to replace my motor and tranny mounts but would like to go with urethane mounts. does anyone know where i can get some that work for the ix. or if there is a reason not to do them. thanks

RWD motor mounts work fine

the ix doesn't have "trans mounts" in the typical sense. it's more like a bushing that goes into the transfercase, sort of like a CAB. There is no aftermarket replacement available so it's stock or custom..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

awsome thank you for the help. gotta get those suckers ordered. how about sway bars. is it something that needs to be made custom, or are there any aftermarket front and rear sway bars for the ix. and just out of curiousity is there any reason why not to do front and rear stress bars, some sites say you can't for ix. others seem to be fine with it. thanks again

Comment

rear swaybars are all the same on E30s (ix/M3/standard)

front swaybar is unique to the ix

but do yourself a favor, and don't try to go with a gigantic rear sway to improve understeer. stock is already larger than RWD E30s at 14.5mm. maybe 16 or 17mm would be okay, but larger than that will probably cause other handling issues.

as far as stress bars, you can get a front one for the ix from bavauto. Rear bars don't do anything though.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

wow man thank you so much. finally someone who gives straight answers. tried vac motorsports, turner, pelican parts and bav auto and basically they all just say the things that work for the ix haven't really been tested so they don't know. so frusturating.

I have another question if your able. i checked out your ix and you have the 2.8 stroker which is exactly what i'm looking to do, but can't decided either to just do 2.7 or 2.8. i was wondering if you would be willing to tell me how much power you are getting out of yours/ how much the build you did cost. And if there is anything that i should look out for with the ix handling more power and such. i really appreciate any advice you can give cuz i have been searching on forums forever just trying to get this basic info. thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X