Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lets get some iX mudflaps made. Who can help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page

Got the page, unfortunately, I sold mine to stonea. Might try hitting him up.

Comment

Originally posted by 6A LDY View Post
      then why dont you go out and find a cheaper price. Since we already have the part it shouldnt be a problem for you right?
      we dont have a part, at least i dont and no one is willing to send it acros the globe, that is why i asked for 3d scan.

I was talking to a guy who is making all sort of rubber products and his price range for mold is around 300 euros. How and why is he more than 10 time cheaper, its beyond me. Could have something to do with knowlege and labour prices in poor countries.

and please, please, don't take it personally. I really want see this happen and not get ripped off in process.

Comment

The hunt continues for flaps. 😁

Comment

i spent some time today doing a little research on digital printing.

it doesn't really sound very feasible by the conversations i had today.

we talked about materials. i figured the temperature range should be from around 0 degrees to about 130 degrees F. basically, it doesn't sound like there is a readily available material. something that "might" be available would apparently be pretty expensive.

it sounds like 3d printing molds/ or stamps might be a better choice.

apparently, 3d printed molds won't last as long as those that are machined. however, they are much cheaper to produce.

we talked about the cost of machined molds. he thought about 2k would be a reasonable price.

3d molds could be made for a few hundred dollars.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by 325ixa View Post
            for making a new product, prototype, with some try and fail, and everything that goes with that, yes, that could be a price. This is pirating, copying...
            Again, you better get schooled on modern production costs. It's got nothing to do with "new product, prototype, etc" Molds cost $, it's that simple.

Comment

Can we just end this discussion.

Not to be a downer, but this is never going to happen.
              [/SIGPIC]"we are so totally screwed!"

Comment

Lol, I feel your pain! I mean... Does having replicas of the oem flaps make our iX's more valuable?

Comment

Originally posted by 2santiago View Post
                  Lol, I feel your pain! I mean... Does having replicas of the oem flaps make our iX's more valuable?
                  Realistically only if someone was looking at 2 of the exact same cars and one had the mudflaps and the other didnt. I think it's a nice bonus, but that's not why anyone would buy one. I guess it does show somewhat that the person that owned the car was a true enthusiast which is good, but I don't think it adds value
                  1988 325iX - sold but not forgotten
                  1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

Originally posted by 2santiago View Post
                    No, but they do help protect the skirts and the sides of my fenders, which is really what they are for.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbimmer View Post
                      No, but they do help protect the skirts and the sides of my fenders, which is really what they are for.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

^ this. it's a friggin IX. those mudflaps protect the lower rear part of the front fenders. Never seen an IX without severe rust damage in that area.
                        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                          ^ this. it's a friggin IX. those mudflaps protect the lower rear part of the front fenders. Never seen an IX without severe rust damage in that area.

I'm willing to get these made for everyone. I just need a better lead on manufacturing. If someone wants to chime in with a link or contact I will start looking into pricing. Obviously if the manufacturing costs are going to make repos $500 a set I don't feel they will sell. (Even if that's what OEM sets are going for now) What we need is a manufacture in the US to replicate these for us at a reasonable cost. Well that and buyers to show interest.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                            I guess I might be the exception to this, so this is exactly why I would like some decent reasonably priced flaps to keep it that way. Pretty much what I think we all want.

While I like the posts above proposing yet another new solution to this problem, I (like probably most of you..) have heard and hoped for an answer for so long that until I see an actual finished product with a semi-reasonable price, I'm in the pessimistic camp that this will ever happen.

Comment

I guess I might be the exception to this, so this is exactly why I would like some decent reasonably priced flaps to keep it that way. Pretty much what I think we all want.

While I like the posts above proposing yet another new solution to this problem, I (like probably most of you..) have heard and hoped for an answer for so long that until I see an actual finished product with a semi-reasonable price, I'm in the pessimistic camp that this will ever happen.

Don't lose hope brother!
                              1988 325iX - sold but not forgotten
                              1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

some of us with cnc mills at hand only need some 3d models or a set in hand...
                                88 325 IX DiamantSchwarz - TOURING - waiting...
                                89 325 IX AlpinWeiß - Gone
                                88 325 IX DiamantSchwarz - Parted
                                89 325 IX RoyalBlau - Parted
                                88 325 IX RoyalBlau - Gone
                                88 325 IX DiamantSchwarz - Parted

Comment

Working...
                                X