IX inner tie rods VS RWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IX inner tie rods VS RWD

Are the inner tie rods different as well?

Edit: I kept putting a space between tie and rod, no wonder my searches didn't show anything!

They are definitely different:

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showpos...4&postcount=17
    Last edited by JixE30; 08-23-2013, 03:19 PM.

I bought the I inner and found this out this weekend. Any idea how to replace the inner tie rod? Looked like I couldn't get to it even at full lock on the iX.
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

from full lock you'll have to pull the boot back and you might find a small lock plate bent over the flats of the inner joint where it attaches to the rack.
      Look in that picture posted above, there is no plate shown, but on the far left of the upper rod are the flats on the cup. If there is a lock plate, pry it back and you should be able to crack the cup loose to get it off. The cup should spin on the ball so no worry of twisting the rod.
      88 325 IX DiamantSchwarz - TOURING - waiting...
      89 325 IX AlpinWeiß - Gone
      88 325 IX DiamantSchwarz - Parted
      89 325 IX RoyalBlau - Parted
      88 325 IX RoyalBlau - Gone
      88 325 IX DiamantSchwarz - Parted

Comment

I just had to replace an inner on a 318is and aside from being a bit shorter (atleast the replacement that I got was shorter) the awd inner tie rod is the same as the rwd inner tie rod.
        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
        X