New tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tank

I've just pick up a new fuel tank. It has a hard line that runs into the tank while the old one doesn't. I'm just trying to see where all there lines need to go. I feel like one of these lines does have a place to connect. http://bavarianretro.com/img/p/3/6/8...ox_default.jpg

This is a stock photo of the new tank
    buy 16111180175,Fuel Tank 16111180175,find manufacturers and suppliers of 16111180175,Fuel Tank 16111180175

Comment

Thanks

Comment

There are two styles of tank... the older 55(?) liter and the newer 63(?) liter. Are you trying to replace a 55 with a 63? That may explain why the new and old are different.

The old tank has a transfer connection UNDER the driveshaft, which has to be disconnected to remove the driveshaft. The newer tank does not have that connection.

I thought all the 325iX's that came to the US had the newer tank.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
          The old tank has a transfer connection UNDER the driveshaft, which has to be disconnected to remove the driveshaft.
          Not a big deal for the discussion at hand, but that is not accurate. You can remove the drive shaft with the fuel tank crossover pipe in place just fine.

Comment

Ok... I've never seen one so I wasn't going on first hand info.

Comment

Working...
            X