Another Mudflap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Mudflap thread

I have made contact with someone who may be able to help in the quest for IX mudflap replicas. Joel Mendez of "Tangent Innovations" has expressed that he may be able to get a run of mudflaps made without sacrificing our first born children. He needs some ideas of what others may have been quoted for this in the past, he also needs a flap for measurements or a CAD file of a OEM front flap. He also wants to know if its essential for them to be an exact replica or if the idea is just to have a working flap that fits the body kit properly. Any insight and feedback is greatly appreciated.

for me, i would say they should be as exact as possible. personally, i don't think there would be much interest otherwise. anyone can take a piece of 1/4" rubber sheet and cut out a functional silhouette. they will probably need to be priced well south of 150.00 if you want to sell very many. i would say 125.00 for the front pair would be the sweet spot. don't bother with the rears. they are still available from bmw.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Any progress?
      [/SIGPIC]"we are so totally screwed!"

Comment

I agree with Flyboyx I would be around $150 a pair and be as close to OEM as possible. Also this has been promised so many times I doubt it'll ever happen. You would probably have a better chance finding a set of OEMs.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Wasn't Garagistic supposed to be making them?
          [/SIGPIC]"we are so totally screwed!"

Comment

I think so, but I think they ran into problems. It was either it was going to be way to expensive or they couldn't get a good mold.
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

This is why I bought a nice set of Rally Armor polyurethane flaps..

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Working...
              X